Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am game for whenever just let me know so i can take off work and also i can probably drive about 2 hours i will drive for the g2g cool with me!

·
Registered
842 Posts
ill drive up to 5-6 hours away if it will be a big meet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm pretty much with you guys... I'll drive to at least Atlanta if it's not a "big" one, if it's huge... I'll drive somewhere in Florida if I have to. I want this to work, it will be a blast ! <EDIT> I'm going to contact a few companies around the GA, and upper parts of FL, maybe we can get a sponsor or at least a place to hold it. Everyone think of a place near them to hold it. The last semi large (around 40 or 50 maybe?) was held at Andretti's Speed Lab in Alpharetta, GA, we had a few from Fl come, we also had an ass load of people from GA come. I'll post on some other focus forums and see what kinda turn out we can get. </EDIT>

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
i am in jacksonville fl. and will stay the night and drive up to 4 hours to go if it is huge, like 50 people plus.

·
Registered
74 Posts
actually after talking with a few members, it actually sounds like Jacksonville would be a nice place to have it. so we're considering Atlanta (Andretti's Speed Lab) or Jacksonville (llama can pick a place to have ... be sure to get the place's approval)

·
Registered
842 Posts
do it in jacksonville, thats probably fair distance for everyone

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well lets get this thing goin together so we can plan a date and get things ready!! I am excited I dont know bout anyone else and hopefully by then I will have some mods done to my car!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah I was seriously considering a drag strip, but the thing is, even if we all went, I doubt that only a few of us would actually race. I'd like to know if we could rent the WHOLE track for a day but since it would be on the weekend, and most places like that make all their money on a weekend, that would be unlikely. I'm going to throw a date out, and everyone can make suggestions for it, how does Jan. 10th (for the single day people) and Jan. 10th and 11th for the people wishing to stay overnight? I need to know who (if anyone is not comfortablt with this date) as soon as I can get the date and a possible location setup... I'll post on other focus forums and get as many as we can. I'm going to start another thread titled ('04 South Eastern G2G) ONLY POST IF YOU ARE GOING TO ATTEMPT TO MAKE IT! Hope to see everyone soon. If anyone would like to make a preference as to where we could eat, or stay, or hold the "event" at. I mean hell... we could meet at a freakin' wal-mart parkinglot and g2g and then head out from there (which would make it look cool seeing 80-11 billion focui in a row going down the road. [:D]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I think the 10 and the 11th sounds cool to me!! when we figure out where we are going to be at in Jacksonville I will try and get some good prices on hotels but you gotta let me know if you will need a single or double bedroom whatever. And I will reserve them for us and yall can pay for them when you get there! You should only need to pay for one night! but if we all stay in the same hotel room it willl be fun just we cant get kicked out hehehe! I think everything sounds kick a$$ so far!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
what ? no faith? I couldn't think of doin anything "rowdy" , "immoral", "bad" , "mischevious", or just down right "wrong" [}:)] Anyone near the area let's try to get a game plan together or what's in the area!

<EDIT> I posted on another forum to get some ideas, please anyone help us with locations! </EDIT>

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok well I talk to someone in Jacksonville and he said there are alot of places to go. I just depends where I mean would you want to meet at a restraunt or a park cause he said there is a Dave and Busters with a huge arcade in it. Or there is a park called Hanna Park which is nice that is near the beachs! I personally dont care I just want everyone elses opinion

·
Registered
705 Posts
How about if it is going to be in 04', we all get together at daytona or the 04' tuner bash if they have it in orlando again, scare the honda people a little with 30 to 40 foci at the tuner bash or all together at daytona.

Well lets figure on where people are coming from, daytona seems pretty fair for everyone (cept those lucky, central floridians)

·
Registered
38 Posts
if enough people go, ill make the 6-8 hr drive

·
Registered
38 Posts
take ure car

·
Registered
705 Posts
Maybe .... if i get off my @$$ and do something significant by then at least suspension or rims, something big to make an impact.

·
Registered
842 Posts
lol, ill be there, thats only a 30min. drive for me

·
Registered
798 Posts
There is a Dragstrip in Savannah Ga. I believe. It needs to be near a dragstrip. Everybody can bracket race, it simply a drvier's race. Then we will actually be doing something instead of just looking at cars in aparking lot.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts