Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did my first autoX this weekend, and oh man was it way to fun. first few runs i did ok, then i started to pull my times down pretty nicely, after the lunch brake my tires where really worn, were shitty to start with, really smooth, anyways there was a huge variety of cars there, and well my best time was a 1:06.02
and fastest time there was a 58 second by a evo awd turbo etc etc, but yea damn was fun, i bea tso many differnt cars that would normally smoke me in a straight shot, have svt kit and oh man made a huge diff, took some of them corners harder then almost any other car their cept evos, a intergra, old volvo and maybe a few others. I was quite pleased with my times, not to mention i got an automatic SPI, yes SPI WEEEEEEEEE, but there was a focus ST there and his best was 1:05.6 so not bad for a lil spi. FOR ALL THAT HAVENT DONE THIS, DUE IT YOULL SURPRISE THE HELL OUTTA LOTSA PPL. and if i had better tires+rear sway on i prolly could have done a lil better

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
glad you had a good time, i was hooked after the first time too! got any pic.s?
autocross is better than any drug![;)] [:D] congrats on your first race[thumb]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Klondike:
Yep...Hooked another one! [thumb] [driving]
Good deal.

===========================

Off topic:
Steve, when did you get the website set up?
Nice. [;)]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, i shoulda had someone take a few shots while on course for me, but frogto, got a few pics of some of the cars their, for first time i did really well, thought i was gonna get spanked, and thats why i like this sport, even with a slow motor, and a good suspension i can play with the big boys, and not to mention their were some long straight shots, so that just goes to show how well the foci handles

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
god i wish my mom would let me autox......
well i'd have to pay off the suspension repairs and the speeding ticket first, but i really want to get out there and burn some rubber!!!

i'm going to watch the Detroit season opener with my dad....
hopefully that'll inspire him to buy a project car... hes been talking about getting one for a month now.....
a nice, old skool RX7.....

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
^^take her to a race? my mom goes to them all now, and even ran her jag. once.
but she still won't go for a ride along with me[hihi] ( thinks i'm crazy lol)!!

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
thats what im trying to do too... but she thinks im gonna ruin my car by autoxing.......
shes just so paranoid........
and she kinda has a point cause my baby is my daily driver, but im not worrying too much about it....

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
All it takes is for them to see one event and they see how safe it is. Jsut keep plugging away...

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
yeah i was just trying to talk to my mom last night about going to a race and she said "NO absolutely not!" so i was like "why not mom? then you'll see how safe it is" and then she goes "it doesn't matter how safe it is cause in the off chance that something DOES happen to your car or you, your insurance won't cover it, and we don't have that kind of money" then we got in a heated discussion (read argument) and i went to bed.
i even showed her WD40's AutoX videos and she STILL wont go to watch...
so its all up to my dad getting that RX-7
my mom even said "well when your older and you get a good job you can buy an extra car and soup it up and go racing with it" to which i replied (sarcastically) "sure mom, ill call you when THAT happens."

so yeah its all up to mi padre and that RX-7 hes looking into buying.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ OMGFG my mom was the same EXACT WAY!!!!! hahah well my dad is cool about it and he knows i wanna have fun so he let me do it, and really just go and if you [:)][:)][:)][:)] up then she was right, in a way cuz he insurance will say no way man, but it is really safe, long as ur tires arent shit like mine where yo shouldnt have any problems, and just dont push the car to hard, did it on 1 turn and tire flew, didnt pop, but FLEW off the wheel, lol was the highlight of the event [:D]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
whats up with all of these moms? you guys have cars right? you guys are free to go anywhere with your cars, are you not? why not just go out and ride some...the only way your parents will know that you autox is by worn out tires, which btw, you can by in a junkyard and use junkyard tires to race with. just store them at friends house later. Easier said that done I guess.

I've never had problems with parents. They have been pain in the ass when I started driving for the first time 4 years ago, talking safety to me and all that crap, which I thought was annoying. But once you get older and grow some pubes, you kinda start understanding what all of that meant.

All of my decisions were entirely up to me all the time since I knew how to play my parents when I was 16-17 (just sweet talk, brag about how people drive unsafely, how smoking is bad (and it is), drinking is bad, how you love school etc...) and you will most likely earn your parent's respect (and you must go by what you said too). So later on, you won't have any "trust" problems.

I can autocross anywhere my little heart desires, but when you figure that tires are kinda expensive, clutches are expensive and fuel isn't on the better side either, you calm down and enjoy watching other people.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
you've got a point there man......
once im outta high school and living on my own in college......
she can't exactly stop me....
thats when the REAL modding will begin........

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^yuppers, really best thing to do is just talk to them about that stuff, when i first got the foci they told me no modding, and well i did it under them and was hard to hide when stuff came in the mail, then a few months back i told em whats up, straight forward and they were fine with it, 2 weeks later my svt kit came in the mail and me and my dad put it on, now i just need wheels [:D] just talk to them if they areent understanding, well just drag em to a autoX cuz it is really safe, just not for the tires, which cost money

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
yeah they know about my mods.. and are really cool about it but i cant have that father-son bonding experience b/c my mom bought my car and my rents are divorced and for some gay reason its not allowed to go to my dads...... even tho he would be helping me pay for the repairs right now if i could take it over there.......

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
fck I <3 my ZX3, how old are you?
I assume you're something like 17-18 and if I was like that and they wouldn't allow me to see MY dad, i'd be busting nuts. Chinese government couldn't stop me.

What I'm trying to say is that you're not a baby anymore so they don't allow you to see your dad. That's just cruel.

(Unless of course there is something deeper, (a really good reason), than that...)

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
I live with my father (still). While I didn't tell him when I first started autocrossing - not because he could/would stop me - but because I didn't want him to be disappointed in me autocrossing my new vehicle, he never disapproved. I understand (or at least to a degree) as to why you're being respectful of your mother's wishes.

I know your mother disagrees with it (mostly out of ignornace of the sport), but you do not have to do it with her knowledge. I hate to say go behind her back, but then again, you're not doing something illegal. You have the right to have fun, and you're taking a responsible path by wanting to participate in sanctioned events.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i always said that it's better to take your frustrations and the "need for speed" on the track than on the road where you have greater chance of hurting someone. hell, most parents don't realise that when they let their kids drive to the school that they are actually more in danger than they go and autocross. on the road you can hurt someone and can be hurt by someone, on the autocross, the worst you can do is tip over your car due to high Gs - and that's not gonna hurt anyone but your car.

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
yeah im 17 and heres the speal...
my dad gets me every wednesday night from 6-8 and every other weekend....
so that means he picks us up... im not allowed to drive my car over there.....
idk why something with how he didn't pay for it (thats a LOOONNG story)
anywho, yeah when i asked him if he would help me out he said "why should i give you money to repair a car you can't even bring over to my house" mind you at times he can be a narcissistic bastard, but no parent is perfect.... im just seeing it from the point of: he can help me work on it and he'll help me when i need to pay for big repairs.....

but alas im just getting screwed......
mind you im also grounded for a month because of my ticket (101 in a 70)
but that didn't influence my moms decision to let me AutoX......(i told her it would help me slow down on the road)

w/e im just getting screwed over both ways......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts