Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i didn't race this time (my mom wont let me race my focus), but i had fun just watching......
there were some very cool cars... and of course it was all action all the time...
my dad has said that we WILL get a project car......
not necessarily an RX-7, but we just want to get out and do a race or two this summer......
so hey i envy all you guys who go out and do this stuff...... hopefully ill be joining your ranks soon.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does your region do fun runs?

I would try to get someone to let her ride with them...if she's like my wife she probably won't do it cuz she gets motion sickness. Tell her to take this pill called Bonine....works as good as Dramamine without the side effects.

Don't give up the fight!

Come to the dark side!

·
Oh yeah!
2,522 Posts
Here's a quick thought I would like to share. If your dad does get a project car and it runs, do not hesitate to take it out on course. It's foolish to tune and add parts onto a car without driving it and choosing what needs to be tweaked for driver preference and performance increases. I was talking to my class competitor who has been autocrossing for 4-5 years now. I asked him how much a difference did the modifications make in his times. He said his driving has always improved and he put stuff on the car because he thought it would make him faster. However, he said, if he knew then what he knew how, he would've spent his money differently to set up the car. Just a thought...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts