Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first accessory ordered today are the stainless steel sill plates. The next just might be LED lights shown in previous posts.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would have thought the Tit would have come with the door sills?
You paid enough allready.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Its a dealer add on. My guess is thats going away as this car gets more demand.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Anyone have a better close up of the door sill? I'm thinking of buying if they fit/look well. My dealer said there's one that lights up when doors open up.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not the best picture but:

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
So far have aquired and used: Locking gas cap (to protect the integral fuel seal from prying mischief.. more than from stolen gas)
Took off rear headrests and tossed into trunk area.

Ordered Gorilla black set of 20 locks for 17" wheels (i had a set of 16 for my Contour SVT and like them a lot) Autozone has sets that looked decent. i just wanted Gorilla as i had them before.
Ordered K&N air filter for 2012 Focus.

I painted the front license plate mostly black. just left space arounf letter/number, looks great. have passed two cops so far who could have seen it, so far, so good. My last front plate was in the inside windshield up under the rearview mirror for 12 years, no problem. here's hoping same for my blackened plate.

Plans to get some sort of exhaust. have a manual and the engine is too quiet to shift by sound very well.
and would like to get a driver's seat cover. Maybe even have one custom made with a gap for seat airbag off side...
One week and customization going well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think it's just the flash.

Mine was supposed to have them, it says DLR Install on my window sticker but they never installed em. DOH! Gotta take it in anyway though because I realized it also doesn't have puddle lamps even though I have the winter package...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the scuff plates too. I wanted to order them but my dealer parts guy couldn't find them. After osme conversation he says "I've had these Focus sill plates sitting around for a few months and nobody here knows what they are for". I took one look at them and said I want them. He said he dodn't have an amount to charge me for them so they just gave them too me! Score!

The next day my car showed up so my sona nd I went to have a sneak peak. While we were there I asked the body shop guy if he would install them for me (easy enough but rather them do it). He said no problem! Free scuff plates and install. THey don't light up but look great!

Elizabeth - Did you order black lugnuts to go with the machined wheels? I want to order those as well. Where did you get them?

Alex

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yes, the logo does not light up; was the flash. Just peel the sticker backing and apply. Doesn't get any easier.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Yes I ordered black locking lugnuts.
I ordered a 'used' set off Amazon. (someone returned a set to the store..)
The Gorilla Locks I have used before, so i got a set of 20 in black.
AutoZone also sells a set of very similar ones in black, but I wanted the Gorilla Brand.
Gorilla also sells ordinary black 'acorn nuts' for the wheels.
Amazon. (also where i ordered the air cleaner. i tried AutoZone, but they did not even have a part number for the right one. And that is where i saw the wheel locks they sell. They were made in China, so for my 'jobs for Americans' i passed on them to buy the Gorilla brand.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great thanks. I'll keep an eye out for them. I def want to get them before next spring when I take the winter tires / wheels off. The silver lug nuts don't look as good.

Alex

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think it's just the flash.

Mine was supposed to have them, it says DLR Install on my window sticker but they never installed em. DOH! Gotta take it in anyway though because I realized it also doesn't have puddle lamps even though I have the winter package...
The SE winter package doesn't come with puddle lamps. The SEL and Titanium winter package do come with them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts