Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was browsing on tirerack.com today for some new wheels and I came across an impossible site. It seems that tirerack thinks 19 inch wheels will fit on my 2003 ford focus svt.

Tirerack recommends these wheels with 225/35ZR19 tires http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...alse&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

If these will fit I would love to get them. I searched around the forums for peoples wheel sizes and never encountered anyone with anything over 18 inches. I'm concerned that these will rub alot. Also I was wondering how much it would offset my speedometer and how I would need to adjust it.

Any comments, concerns...please let me know.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
There have been a couple people that rolled 19"s, but they usually reverted back because of rubbing. Oh in fact, there was a member with 20"s.

And with tires that thin you'll have little bead so careful around corners.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to a tire calculator and it showed that with the 225/35ZR19 tires that they would only be slightly larger in total height than my stock 17s. Think rubbing would still be an issue.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Honestly you're much safer running an 18, and then u can run a tire with a little more meat on it so u won't have to worry as much with pot holes and no worry of rubbing. i ran 18" enkei rs-7's with a 215/40/18 size tire and even then with careful driving i got a few dents, decided to buy new 17" EAPs with 215/45/17's.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
you would have to put rubber band tires on it to fit and look good

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
probably not. u would have to carry around extra tires cause u would be poppin them all the time going over potholes

·
Registered
352 Posts

This Focus has 19's on it. They are Center Line RPM Rims, painted red. The car has a 1.5 drop on it.

This Police Focus has 19's on it. They are CenterLine Excel Rims. ( I want that Police Car :)

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Besides the potential rubbing and wheel damage issues....why would you want all that rotating mass? They would take more power to get them rolling and more brake to stop them. They're a total loser from a performance standpoint.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think 18s would do the trick. I was worried about the 225/35ZR19 being really thin and busting every time I hit a pothole. If I had a show car I would go with 19's, but this is a daily driver... I'm sure with a little drop in ride height and some 18's with a thicker tire will fill out my wheel well just as nice as the 19's. It just wont be quite as pimp. C'est la vie.

Another question I had.... well a few. When I do put on larger wheels/tires how hard will it be to adjust my toe in/out and my speedometer? Is this something most mechanics/tire shops will do or should I ask? Also how much of a drop in ride height would you recommend without a risk of rubbing? I'm also toying with the idea of buying wider tires? How much wider could I go before I run into problems or is stock width as much as my SVT can handle? And lastly, if I can't increase width what about offset? If I increase my offset a bit wont that push my tires out farther? Ultimately, I just want to fill my wheel wells as much as possible and push them out to the corners as much as possible and not compromise driving much?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts