Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 1999 Focus Saloon and have recently made a mess of the rear bumper whilst having an argument with a tree stump. The dent was about 8" wide by 3" deep at least. I have taken the bumper off and pushed the dent back out so it looks ok shape wise, but the paint is cracked and splintered all over.

How do I go about re-painting it myself? I'm assuming it would need sanding first but because of the splinters and paint shards it may be tricky.

I'll try posting a picture in the next couple of days but in the mean time if anyone has any suggestions that'd be great.

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
165 Posts
I tihnk you mean that you have a Ford Focus SALEEN. not saloon. LMAO. But I have to wish you luck painting that plastic, you will ahve alot of sanding and painting to do to get it perfect again.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Insulting people isnt a good way to get help. Have you checked local shops to see how much it would be to spray it for you? Do you have any experience with painting?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh how I love American ignorance. Saloon is the UK term for Sedan!
That should net you alot of help since you are on from what I have seen as a Mostly American board. :)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
eh, just a little bit of brit wit, same as your LOLZ. As far as repairing the bumper, it'd take alot of skill and time to give a fairly quality job. Probably even bondo for the gouges (just assuming here).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts