Focus Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dutifully called a dealer about the "URGENT SAFETY RECALL REPAIRS" card they sent me for recall #18S32. I've read the threads about this recall, and understand the problem; but the dealer told me while any indicated repairs would be covered, it would cost me $149 and change to perform the diagnostic! Aren't they obliged to perform the diagnostic at no cost to me, if indeed it is an urgent safety issue with a vehicle Ford produced? This sounds ridiculous to me!

Has anyone else gotten this story line?
My Dealer did the recall at no charge to me

·
Registered
438 Posts
My dealer did the recall at no charge to me also. They inspected the gas tank, found no or acceptable deformation and reprogramed the computer. It was last fall for my 2015 Ti with about 40,000 miles on it at the time.

·
Registered
2012 Focus SE hatchback black
752 Posts
My 2012 needle will sit on full until a couple gallons gets used up. This is normal. Also, you should pay attention to how much gas you pump in your car. The best way to tell if you still have a normal capacity is to let it get down to about 40 miles left on the miles to empty display. If you pump in about 12 gallons give or take then your tank is still fine. If you top the car off to get to an even dollar number then you will actually get more than 12.4 gallons in it. I've pumped in more than 12 gallons a few times when I let it run really low.
If a dealer charges you or tries to charge you a diagnostic fee for ANY work involving a recall then report them to the appropriate agency(NHTSA perhaps) and Ford corporate as well with the exact name of the guy who charged it to you or even tried to. That's totally illegal to charge for any inspection for a recalled item if it hasn't been done yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, that's the end of this story (there's another, about the DPS6) - the tank was deformed, and it was replaced, along with the purge valve, no charge to me. And, the software was reflashed. All's well that ends well.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Wow, they replaced the tank too. Glad that you have all new stuff in it now free under warranty. That's less to worry about in the future at least.

·
Registered
752 Posts
What's the DCT trans issue that you're having? Or maybe it's best to start a new thread about it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts