Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the people who had a lowering kit with the stock sways and then moved to after market sways, how big of a handling difference did you notice? For example, on a track you could hit 35mph on a selected turn, after installation what speed could you hit?

I'm interested in buying some new sways, but I want a set that is as neutral as possible.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Im voteing for a huge difference, Mike at hilbish has the 24 front an the 28.6 in the rear an it has like no body roll an some nice oversteer.......i drove it!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And some nice oversteer? I'm nooo fan of my ass end coming out on a fwd car. lol.

I thought about getting the 28.6 bar because of its price, but I was adviced that one of the rear tires could come off the ground on intense steering, which is a loss in traction.

I'm thinking the eibach 22mm front and 25mm rear coupled with the FS lower front stress bar.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
your ass end will not slide out, ya your rear tire will come off the ground with the 28.6 but thats if it's a sharp turn going up a really really steep hill (like a drive way).

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
if you want to you can ask mike about both the eibach kit an the 24mm & 28.6mm. he told me personaly that i would not like the eibach kit.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thin ill do that. thanks

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, w/ the 24 and 28.6mm bars, your rear end shouldn't slide out. i haven't had the problem to much. w/ my Rcomps, it did a little, but ur suspension will be so good that ur weak pt. will be ur tires. on street tires, you can't turn fast enough to utilize the full potential of the setup, but its a darn good setup to have!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ooops, double post!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts