Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Kazera KZ-V wheels are any good? I was thinking about getting them for my SVT. http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...utoModel=Focus+SVT&autoModClar=&autoYear=2003 . I though the price was reasonable and its the style wheels I want. If I do go with them I checked out tires and I found two different sizes, tires.com said I should go with 215/40-18 and tirerack says I sould go with 215/35-18. What will be closer to my original size? Thanks guys! I appreciate your help!

-Mike

·
Registered
875 Posts
They look really nice w/ the red. How much do they weigh?

·
Registered
875 Posts
NINETEEN POUNDS?! Sick! The stock 16's weigh 20.3 each!

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
wait this is an svt huh...215/45-17 is stock on that isn't it? If that is the case, then 215/40-18 is closer. The 215/35-18 is if you had a regular zx3.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool, thats why I was confused I think tirerack doesn't know they have different stock wheels heh. Thanks RPIJG.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
i'd stick with the 215/35/18 tires. looks the best, gives you a great stiff sidewall, and throws off your speedometer next to nothing.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
true, the 215/35 is only about 2% off, as compared to the 215/40 being about 0.7% off. Neither one make much difference to the speedo, the odometer will read off a bit, I think that there is very little difference between a 35 and a 40 sidewall in terms of stiffness and looks, both will be extremely low. The 40 will protect the rim a bit better though, not sure if that's important to you or not, but it will help.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Have to agree with RJIJG , The 215/40-18 is only 2/10ths of an inch larger in diameter. That's not worth worrying about. I like some rubber between my rims and the road. Its bad enough loosing a tire to a pot hole but when it takes the rim ....I have to draw a line. The 215/35-18 would be almost 3/4's of an inch smaller in diameter and the sidewalls would be 3 inches versus 3.8 inches for the 215/40-18. Assuming 1 inch of thread and tire carcus, that leaves two inches of air to your rim....I don't like those odds. Oversimplification i know... but you get the picture.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
i just put some 225/40/18's on mine and i haven't had any prob with rubbing (its lower 1.5 inches as well) i have noticed my speedo is of but like 4 mph. they look good.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
dwdgsi03 said:
i just put some 225/40/18's on mine and i haven't had any prob with rubbing (its lower 1.5 inches as well) i have noticed my speedo is of but like 4 mph. they look good.
And the offset on your rims is? Because with the proper offset, I think just about everyone would agree with me, this isn't possible...especially on a Sedan. 225 is WAYYYYY too wide not too mention your sidewall is significant. I would want pictures of this up close in the fender well, with the well turned to lock to lock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts