Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of Enkei GF1 18" and I wonder which springs (brand & model) may fit without rubbing considering to lower ride height the max.

Haven't bought tires but I was thinking about 215x35.

Thanks in advance!

Fernando

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey fernando, yo tengo 18" con 215/35-18y lo baje con eibach 1.4adelante y 1.6 atraz funciona perfecto, no toca en ningun lado pero esta cerca de hacerlo

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tienes una foto que me puedas mostrar para verlo? Yo estuve pensando en comprar los Springs Tein que bajan 2.3" pero creo que es mucho, además que las calles en Venezuela son muy malas.

Hace poco revisé los Eibach Pro Kit Springs y bajan 1.4" front. También quería saber si necesito comprar partes adicionales para la alineación o soportes para los amortiguadores(struts).

Tu usas los amortiguadores originales?

Saludos.

·
Registered
433 Posts
eibach pro kit as well...i have 18s with a 40 series hankook and no rubbing

·
Something goes here
8,292 Posts
Tein S-techs will work grat with 18's that was my ols set up.
Heres a pic [thumb]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
REDFOCZ said:
Tein S-techs will work grat with 18's that was my ols set up.
Heres a pic [thumb]
So those are the ones with a 2.3" front drop and 2.0" rear drop?

I'm still concern about rubbing.

Did you made any custom mod to suspension?
Did you use stock struts?
What about alignment?
Is the suspension hard for driving?

I know there are lots of questions regarding this topic but need to be sure before buying because I'm outside US and cannot easily return parts. Also, I'm a newbie on suspension.

Any help would appreciate any help. Thnx [thumb]

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
sportlines. i have some 17" enkei gf1 with a 215/45 tire. at first i got some rubbing because my wheel is a 42 offset, but i believe the 18's have a 45mm offset. so you can get the sportlines and be okay.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
archie said:
i believe the 18's have a 45mm offset. so you can get the sportlines and be okay.
Nop, the Enkei GF1 18's are 42mm offset.

I made som measurements at the stock wheels (195/60/15) and I'll have to drop it down to 1.6" front and 1.6~1.8" rear or so.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
18x7.5 inch rim with a 40mm offset with that size tire=no rubbing.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All right guys!

I already bought the TEIN S.Tech Springs and have the Enkei GF1 18". Which Tire Series should I go?

40 Series or 35 Series?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally

Thanks you all for the good advise on getting my new suspension.
Here is a pic of my car dropped with Tein S-Tech:

Right now I'm having a rub issue with my rear left wheel. I don't know if it is because the bump stop was cutted half but why is not rubbing the other side? I took it to align and everything was ok.

Also, my car looks a bit lower in the trunk because of my audio stuff. (150lbs approx.)

Any comments would be appreciated!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts