Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been to three local shops and all over the web looking for aftermarket rims for my Ti Hatch and there doesn't appear to be a lot of options out there for us.

The specs I've searched are 18x8x40mm or 18x8x35mm. The bolt pattern I've been told is 5x4.25.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for a 5 or 6 spoke black rim with a machined or chrome lip. Please post pics if you have them....

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've been to three local shops and all over the web looking for aftermarket rims for my Ti Hatch and there doesn't appear to be a lot of options out there for us.

The specs I've searched are 18x8x40mm or 18x8x35mm. The bolt pattern I've been told is 5x4.25.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for a 5 or 6 spoke black rim with a machined or chrome lip. Please post pics if you have them....
Have you tried Tirerack? I know they have the sedan loaded but last I checked the hatch was not on there to view the wheel on the car.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
5x4.25 is the same as 5x108 if that helps you in your search.

There are higher end vehicles that use the 5x108 including Jaguar, Volvo and even the small land rover suv. you can try browsing those but watch for the offset.

Edit:
here is one from wheelmax.com
http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=337854

40mm offset should work, but I'm not sure what the '12 oem offset is. There were a few others on wheelmax as well.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
oh, and Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

·
Registered
41 Posts
2012 offset is 55 with 18" wheel and 235 tire option. The 16"/17" wheels and 215 tires are 50 offset. IMO, the factory wheels are decently flush. To be safe and look good, stay above 45 offset with 8" width wheels and 235 tires.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You should be fine going below ET45 on an 8" wide wheel. You can really go below ET40 I believe.

I calculate the front hub to be 79.62mm from the fender edge. The rear hub at 89.78mm. Got this using the vehicle, front, and rear track widths. Here is a good visual calculator to play with.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found these and am checking on availability. Didn't really like the look of the piano blacks on the car. Platinum Apex 200 in Hyper Black. 18x8x40mm 5x108mm bolt pattern.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should be fine going below ET45 on an 8" wide wheel. You can really go below ET40 I believe.

I calculate the front hub to be 79.62mm from the fender edge. The rear hub at 89.78mm. Got this using the vehicle, front, and rear track widths. Here is a good visual calculator to play with.
Awesome info!! Thanks! [pray]

·
Registered
190 Posts

90% of the 18's we list for the '12 Focus are 18x8 ET40. Lowest offset is ET38. I don't know if you've checked my website yet but I have quite a few options. Just enter your make, year, and model on the main page and click "Wheels". If you want to take advantage of the view on vehicle feature just use the sedan for now.

The closest matches I can find based on the style are the Platinum Apex, like underbird mentioned, or the Helo HE845.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried to copy in a few examples, but the URLs don't work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really love the tire rack site! Very easy to find the rims you need and it's great to be able to view them on the car too. Would love to see the picture of the hatchback on there eventually.

They even take paypal!

Haha, it just sucks that I'm in Canada.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Have you looked in the tire/wheel section of the for sale area, there is an 18" black/chrome wheel set for sale right now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts