Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How low is your car i didn't have to roll my fenders.
I have a 2" drop, but the seller said you would need to roll the fender lip.
This isn't my add. I don't know what drop the seller had to have to roll the
fender's.

The RS's look good on your car.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
i know on my 08 i have RS wheels and in the front i have to roll them to go lower that and inch but in the rear i kinda need a spacer to put it to the fender

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I've got 18"s on my FOFO with the FRPP suspension and haven't had to roll my fenders...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i have been thinking about getting this for my Svt, but not sure if it would work , i dont want to be scared or worried about rubbing... better get some other oz racing ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2" drop, but the seller said you would need to roll the fender lip.
This isn't my add. I don't know what drop the seller had to have to roll the
fender's.

The RS's look good on your car.
That's actually my listing. The need to roll the fender lip a bit comes from the extra width and/or offset of the RS wheels. For reference, I had a 2" drop with H&R Race Springs and adjustable Koni's (all are for sale). Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've got 18"s on my FOFO with the FRPP suspension and haven't had to roll my fenders...
It's not the diameter that is the problem. It is the +35mm offset of the RS wheels. Some say they rub and some say they don't. I have the RS rims, but I'm scared to buy tires and put them on. If they rub I guess I'll get the fenders rolled, but it will turn into an expensive project.

That craigslist ad is no longer up. Was it just the rims or rims and tires for $500?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The ad was for wheels and tires, but have been sold.

It depends on how concerned you are about cracking the paint when you roll the lips but you can do it by hand and/or with a rag wrapped around a 2x4 prying against the tire. I know it doesn't sound good, but I just went back with a little touch up paint on the underside of the fender (where you couldn't really see it anyways) and I was fine with that. As I understand it, even rolling the fenders with the roller tool still cracks the paint. If you are worried about your paint then I would recommend against it. Otherwise roll away and enjoy the results.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The ad was for wheels and tires, but have been sold.

It depends on how concerned you are about cracking the paint when you roll the lips but you can do it by hand and/or with a rag wrapped around a 2x4 prying against the tire. I know it doesn't sound good, but I just went back with a little touch up paint on the underside of the fender (where you couldn't really see it anyways) and I was fine with that. As I understand it, even rolling the fenders with the roller tool still cracks the paint. If you are worried about your paint then I would recommend against it. Otherwise roll away and enjoy the results.

If you ever have to do it again, the trick is to gently heat the paint with heat gun during the rolling process. This will reduce the possibility of the paint cracking. Just exercise caution to not get it to hot (to close) and blister the paint. A hair dryer works as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts