Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into buying some 18" X 7.5" rims from a buddy of mine and had some questions. First, will they rub? Second im kinda new with rims and stuff so would everyone do lower the car to tuck the rims in and make it look nice or would it not work and i would have either rubbing or have to i think its called mess with the camber until the look sideways on the car. Im only getting the rims for 200 dolars and that includes tires with less than 500 miles on them so i know im getting a good deal. But the other thing is i dont know i think its called the offset and i dont know how much of a difference that will make. Hey any advice is greatly appreciated thanks for everyones time in advance.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
if its not the right offset the rims won't work period...focus have 4x108 so if its any diff the threads will never fit into the holes to even bolt the lugs on...did you se these rims? are the scratched from curb rash? are they new or beat to shit and said their new? more than likely it will rub but I dunno someone who has 18x7.5 will know...ask around to the people that have 17x7.5 cause if those rub yours surely will....ask around to make sure I'm right but I think I am :)
-Joe

·
Registered
726 Posts
If you have 18 inch rims on a 2 inch drop, dont hotdog around turns or it will rub. If you get 18 inch rims and 2 inch drop and barely drive your car and are easy on it, you wont rub.

If you get 18inch rims, just get the 1.5" drop you wont tell too much of a difference and you wont rub to easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts