Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded my 2012 Focus SE for a 2014 ST. I have a line on a set of 17x7 wheels from a 12-14 Focus (5 Y spoke) and wondered if anyone has run 215/50-17 tires on their ST? I have a set of snow tires in that size on the car right now and think it looks pretty good and I like the extra sidewall. I'm thinking about running a set of Hankook Ventus Noble S1's in the same size instead of the 18's.

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
I have a set of 17x8 wheels with 215/50 that I a running right now with no issues. no reason that you would not be fine with that as a 17x7.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Yea I get it to run your snow tires as you already had them, but I'd pass on running the 17's yr around & w/ that size tire you mentioned....You'd loose the handling, braking, acceleration vs the stock oem size. If you looking to improve the ride, I'd get a ST c/o kit order up, which btw are the same as K/Wv1's but use galvanized housings vs SS. http://cjponyparts.com offers them & has a vid about them....

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
But 17" Wheels Look great on the ST! If I remember correctly, a 235/45R17 is very close to the same diameter as the factory size.

I haven't really gone on a drive pushing the limits with 215/50R17 but for the driving I have done I can't really feel any difference at all from the stock size tires and wheels. Though I was able to pull 1g on A/S3+ on the factory wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do like the way it looks with the 17s, best case scenario would be to get 7.5 or 8 inch wide wheels and go with the 235/45 tires but I like the look of the factory wheels and they're so much cheaper than a set of new aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know the thread is almost a year old but I have the Sport Tuning 7x7.5 on mine with 215/50/17 as my winters... not sure how much difference there is with the 7x7 sizing but 215/50/17 is pretty much perfect for the car as it is the size the titanium uses too and the factory manual mentions as an alternate size.

They only cost about $100 each at the time and steelies were about $75 so I had to go with it... I'll need to re-polish the silver lip and some of the silver on the spokes though as they got rashed up by someone borrowing the car and also using them in crappy winter weather.. but the black bits are fine though... I think Tire Rack still has them or a variation but not sure if they are on sale.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?AFFCODE=AD5&target=runWheelSearch&wheelMake=Sport+Tuning&wheelModel=T1&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Focus+ST&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=Built+before+03%2F30%2F14

I recently traded my 2012 Focus SE for a 2014 ST. I have a line on a set of 17x7 wheels from a 12-14 Focus (5 Y spoke) and wondered if anyone has run 215/50-17 tires on their ST? I have a set of snow tires in that size on the car right now and think it looks pretty good and I like the extra sidewall. I'm thinking about running a set of Hankook Ventus Noble S1's in the same size instead of the 18's.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts