Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some friends of mine was telling me that if i go like 17psi on a turbo in my svt then i would have to get head studs or what ever? But, I thought that the svt could handle that stock.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The SVT can handle that stock with a good tune and enough fuel.

·
Registered
789 Posts
depends on what size the turbo is. different sized turbos are going to flow different amounts of air, therefore 17psi on a small turbo isn't going to be the same as 17psi on a much larger turbo. to give you better info, we need to know what size turbo you are talking about.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont know the size yet but would like to do maybe 300 or so to the wheels

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
A T3 Super 60 or a GT28Rs will get you there.... and it'll take somewhere around 17-19psi to do it.... and with a good tune the stock motor will handle it with ease.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 more question.....about what is the max i can put on all stock enternals

·
Registered
789 Posts
dang it, why does everyone worry about psi. that has nothing to do with anything. go for a set POWER goal and the psi will be were it will be. end rant.

OT, i believe that 03OrangeSVT pushed his and his let go at the numbers that he has in his signature. but that was due to bad gas so who knows how far he could've gone.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
dang it, why does everyone worry about psi. that has nothing to do with anything. go for a set POWER goal and the psi will be were it will be. end rant.

OT, i believe that 03OrangeSVT pushed his and his let go at the numbers that he has in his signature. but that was due to bad gas so who knows how far he could've gone.
Yes he was pushing the limits. Even with a good tune personally I wouldn't go past 300whp on a stock SVT just to keep a safety barrier.

Also you WILL need a J&S Safeguard if you boost you SVT.

It is a knock controll device

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
But I quoted the amount of psi that turbos in that size range will need to produce to see the power levels he wants.... on a larger turbo like a gt3076r its closer to 15psi....[poke]

Plus we both know you need to know how much it'll take so you can get a turbo with enough efficiency to do the job right... believe it or not I actually use the formulas to pick out what size turbo I need.

·
Registered
789 Posts
^ i was just refering to people that are trying to boost their cars and ONLY asking what psi they can run without giving what turbo they are looking at getting and so forth. now if the OP had said something to the affect of " hey i'm getting a 3076 and i want to know what psi i can run safely." then that would be a different story.

i wasn't getting after you john. i know you do your research and know your shit before you do anything.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well for me i was originally thinking of the average psi people do

·
Registered
789 Posts
well for me i was originally thinking of the average psi people do

even then, we need a reference point, i.e. what turbo you are talking about, because one person running a t25 at 15psi will be totally different from someone running a 3076r at 15psi. not trying to hate on your or anything, but to get proper responses, we need reference points.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok its cool. i dont really know anything about turbos

1 - 14 of 14 Posts