Focus Fanatics Forum banner

170+whp

2K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Venom713 
#1 ·
Would it be easy to get this with minor/cheap bolt-ons?

#5 ·
orp...off road pipe a staright through pipe replaced the cat...illegal! high flow cat is the way to go in my opinon i have one sounds great and almost the same performance...best company Random Technoglies a bit pricey but quality piece.

Udp- underdrive pullies then free up extra hp supposedly removes some rotating mass and whatnot...im not a fan not worth the 3hp or soo...

a cold air intake places the filter down low to pick up cold air a sri is a short ram intake the filter is in the near factory position...both good i have cold air and love it!!

i dont have a borla but have heard many and they sound great! intake, high flow, and borla sounds amazing!!!

#6 ·
borla with the orp sounds awsome I am loving the sound, need to get on the dyno next time my area has one, I have the udp and installed it the same time as the borla so I noticed some performance but don't know if it was from one or the other or both, but the udp did make the factor cat and header shields rattle like crazy so that inspired the orp, and then I ported my tb don't know how most feel about that but I love it the throttle response is great. don't know my hp an tq numbers but the car is alot more fun to drive

#8 ·
Awesome. Thanks again for the info guys!

Well I am also not a fan of UDP- not really looking into poor charging as I do alot of low-speed and short errands all the time...

The SRI is something I'll probably make myself unless i find one cheap. The ORP also looks pretty easy as I can tig one up in probably an hour or so.

I have heard about this whole ZX3 headgasket thing and that seems very cool and not that difficult to do. I need to dig the thread up "anyone upped the compression???" where I think someone said it might bump the compression up too much- like a point and a half or something... I'd be happy with a half point or so as I'm sure that would make a noticeable difference in power. Hotter cams might not be a bad idea either since my lash caps are starting to make some tapping noises anyway.

I have to do the clutch soon and I already have my Fidanza do that should help make everything a little smoother too.

What do you guys think?

#12 ·
160 seems low for your mods...and from what i hear around the streets, udp, 65mm tb and the livewires and coil are useless on the svt, the only thing any of those do for you is better throttle response, but no real hp...hypnotic has power packages that add up to around 18+ gain at the wheels..throw on a ported head and 170 should be gotten easily, good luck with what ever you find [thumb]

...im still wonderin if fs is ever gonna come out with their cams and head package for the svt...

#15 · (Edited)
Hmm that's a little depressing... Spending probably around 1500 dollars for 20whp? If that's the case I'm going to save for a powerworks! haha

I looked at Hypnotic's power pack. The 18WHP kit is a grand! I guess with those mods and my aluminum flywheel installed the car could be a fair amount quicker though... Has anyone gotten this kit before to verify that it will actally give 18WHP? This smells like a gimick although hypnotic is supposedly a good place to get parts...

#16 ·
The tune and High Flow Cat amount for much of that "18whp." It seems very possible to me, but I have to agree with you in the depressing part. My wish is to make mine an N/A monster, but I think that will take many many many bejamins......not to mention, it will probably be un-streetable.

#17 ·
it does suck, for how much of a beast the svt already is on top, i sure wish you guys had some more aftermarket na options, and only few fi options..the most i have seen on an svt is only 169whp, its a member here, but forgot his sn

#18 ·
169 whp N/A? really... thats all?

I just got my SVTF so go easy on me... but how much whp does this puppy have? Plus, whats THE best route to getting more horsepower out of this little car? I was thinking Cat back, Borla exhaust, and the diablo ECU? How much you think that would put down?

And also all you guys, thanks for helping the newby's so much with upgrading our newly perchased SVT Focus. like me.

#19 ·
read my sig, if ported the head was worth the 1100 bucks i would have done it both tom and bsir said that it helps but is by no means worth it. tom got me to 161 whp but back it down from there i think it was (161). and very depressing all that money and only a little power

#20 ·
What about cams? I bought the focus performance book with all of those dynos and the buildup with a short runner intake, long tube header, crane stage 4 cams with a ported head and a few other goodies netted something like 190WHP I think. I'm going to have to look at it again though because I haven't read it in a long time. This thing ran into the 12s though....

#21 ·
i read from some one on here that with tom tunig the cam they got now hp, not sure about the short runner intake, the headers on the svt are the best, and not to sure about the stg 4 cams. Thats seems like it wouldn't be much of a daily driver, i only know of one place that has cams for us. And like i stated before the ported head thing isn't worth the 1100 bucks. At that rate you might as well go fi and get the jrsc

#25 ·
markysparky66 said:
i got my car dynod at the drag strip today and i got 170whp...stock...well i took the resonator out of the intake box but its still all stock and he said if anything the dyno is reading 2% off.....so im happy
170whp stock? Sorry i dont believe that

#26 ·
would u like me to scan it? (also i did say that the dyno guy said the dyno was reading like 2% off so either way thats pretty good for stock)

also how is taht not belive able? you can get more hp by running diff oil in ur car, diff temps, filter, everything comes into play....changing ur oil can easily give you 10 whp...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.