Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or know where I can see a pic of the 16X7 ROTA AUTO X WHEEL mounted on a Focus?

Also, What is our hub bore? its not in the wheel and tire sticky.

Thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
4x108 is the bolt pattern. Go with the 45mm or greater offset. Search for a member, thefrush. His photo gallery has pictures of his car with 16 inch Rotas.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
hub bore is 63.9mm http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Ford___Vehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

btw for autox 15" might be better. lighter weight, less rotational inertia, and wide selection of tires
yes true but if you drive an SVT or buy an SVT brake set up you will have a credit card with between the wheels an the caliber. it's 15lbs for the 16" and about 16.5lbs for the 17" for the rota's slipstream wheels so if the 16" are 15 LBS then the 15"s would be 14.5 LBS so do you really think a 1/2 LBS is going to matter? stick with the 16's trust me.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4x108 is the bolt pattern. Go with the 45mm or greater offset. Search for a member, thefrush. His photo gallery has pictures of his car with 16 inch Rotas.
Hmmm. "thefrush" is not coming up with anything. Spelled right?
Will keep searching.
Thanks
Edit. his name is in the users search, but no post or threads. Purged?
thenorm >> Thanks for the hub bore

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive seen the auto x in 4x108 but only in 15x6.5
Do you like them? 18 racing is selling a set. I cannot make up my mind. They are gold. not sure how they would look on my car. Its the "dark torreodor(sp?) red" The wheels are 16x7. 45mm offset. 4x108

Attachments

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
could be interesting? Youd be the only foci ive seen to have 'em

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but gold? Ahhh. I cannot 'visualize' wheels. me brain refuses!

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
It would be flashy for sure. I don't think it would look good personally. I would photoshop it for you if I had that program. lol

·
slow
1,734 Posts
My focus with 15" rota's:

Sorry, all my pics are of the focus in action [:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would be flashy for sure. I don't think it would look good personally. I would photoshop it for you if I had that program. lol
The Wife is doing the photoshop now. We will see. But the auction is over so maybe its moot.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a badly done Photoshop of the rims on our car. It helps if you don't zoom in to much! 8-P
Opinions? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it might work if you voted for obama.
ROFL! OK! Thanks. Gotta get my grill 1st then maybe pick these baby's up what yer sayin?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man! that's a badly done PS. But! if you can look past that (and the color). What if they were silver? Or is it that the wheel style is bad? I can get them repainted. What attracts is that they would be very easy to keep clean ( I do like clean wheels). But I am a very poor judge of wheels. Frankly, almost all look the same to me (Oh Hey! Ya, its got 5 or 6 spokes! Wow!). I do like the Rota RB's, but they would appear to be hard to keep clean (and the brake dust from the OEM pads is massive IMHO).
So use your imagination on the style plz, Or, if your talented do a better PS.
I need to buy a second set of wheels. The wife has suggested I just buy a set of the OEM ones (That is to be interpreted as a warning shot so to speak). I don't want to do that but the new tires are here!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HotRodWagon >> Thanks for the PS. Thats much better. I don't think the gold color works though on a red car. thats just me, and its like 55/45 (Yes my wife picks out my clothes essentially).
dirtbrown >> Yes, I saw them in black with the red lip. Which maybe me think a repaint is viable. Its just do I want to go to that trouble and expense? There not cheap or 'on sale'. There just different.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts