Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering replacing my focus at the end of the sumemr with a new focus...was wondering if the car handled diff with the facotr 16's cuz i heard the tires that come on them suck...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
793 Posts
i agree !!!!

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
possibly but you can still answer....I say 16's cause 15's look stupid ;) just get the 16's upgrade to aftermarket 17's with good tires and throw on the 16's during winter....if u'r in a place with no winter (lucky) get the 15's and upgrade to 17 in aftermarket cause u won't need the 15's anyways just save a couple bucks....but if u'r only gonna get em to get em then get the 16's...I don't see why there would be a handling difference and if their was I would assume the 16's would be better cause they should perform better but hell if I know....unless the 15's are goodyears but I dunno ask wheel guys but take mty first opinion :)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Agree with the above but, since it is here, I will answer. I put some new tires on the stock 16"ers and they handled well and it quieted the tire roar down too!

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I have the 16's the wheels are nice but the factory tires are just that...factory tires..I will put 17's on it in the spring and keep the sixteens for winter, so as to not screw up the nice rims, also, once the 16's are shot I will put some more winter like tires on them ...good idea!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I agree with everyone, 16's for winter, get some 17's for spring and summer..

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
The tires on the 16's (which I have) suck. 16's look better anyway. 17s if you got the money (or you just don't like stock wheels.)

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
If your buying a new focus, chances are the 16 inchers you get will be parelli P6's. That is what came on mine, and I love them. I was so releived it didn't come with the firestones that were standard 16 inchers before Ford dropped the contract with firestone. I will replace these with 17's eventually to put on in the summer, and will put the same type parelli's on those rims. I like them.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
i agree with vanace Man those Pirelli's handle like a dream. They look great and handle a lot better than what i thought a factory tire could do. Hell i was just looking to keep the stock tire and only get 16" rims but Steeda has a deal i just can't resist right now!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
saleen zx3, when i bought my 17's the shop gave me a tire package that kept the same overall diameter which means no change in acceleration,,, doestn change odometer or speedo either.

·
Registered
71 Posts
that's correct but because of weight differences and the size cars will run faster on different tires. a 1st or 2nd gen dsm will run fastest on 17s, 16's and 18s are slower usually

i think mainly the weight is where the difference is, im not really sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts