Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
I am thinking the Stockers look better but you are right and I be they might be alil bit more lighter. Maybe you should just get them powdercoated black and there you go. but the SVT still looks good.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Looks Good. What Did You Do With The Stockers? Thats How I Wanna Paint Mine.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
I have 17" Superleggaras as well on mine and you could definitely tell that your car responds very well to throttle inputs and braking with the weight loss. Steering response increased as well.

Did you notice the difference?

Here's my set[thumb] OZ FTW!!!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i liked the old ones cuz of the blue bits but i like the new ones too!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think my car handled better with the stockers ( FocusOnU2: they are for sale in the for sale section) most likely due to stickier tires yoko parada 2's vs kuhmo spts...

I don't plan on painting these at all.. want them light as possible... I'm debating on either some kuhmo Ecsta MX's or maybe even some Falken Azenis to put on the wheels for te summer as I already have a stock set of 16's for the winter...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Humm.. I think I still prefer stock svt wheels (no matter what kind) than any OZ's.
*but hey, it's just my preference! =P

Are you planning on selling ur stock wheels?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Are you going to paint them black too?? look much better that way...the rims are cool btw.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My stock 6 spokes were already powdercoated and at 21+ pounds before adding all that plastic compared to 14.5 lbs... I am not going to powdercoat them. They are going to be my summer / autocross tire.

my stocks were painted like this a couple years ago...

Stock wheels are for sale in the for sale area...

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Looks much better to me. Most black wheels are ugly and boring.
Nice job picking a set of wheels that are lightweight. They look amazing.

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
those rims look good!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think my car handled better with the stockers ( FocusOnU2: they are for sale in the for sale section) most likely due to stickier tires yoko parada 2's vs kuhmo spts...

I don't plan on painting these at all.. want them light as possible... I'm debating on either some kuhmo Ecsta MX's or maybe even some Falken Azenis to put on the wheels for te summer as I already have a stock set of 16's for the winter...
Your stockers did handle better because you went from 17" wheels to 16"wheels (less tire flex with the 17s) but the OZ's are a LOT lighter than the stockers, even the 17" OZ's are way lighter than the stockers. The ultraleggers which I think you have also have a offset of 45 vs 49 for the SVTFactory rims increases tracking.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I love how well the brakes fill those up, awesome upgrade!

and yeah, Ive felt the diff between lighter 16's vs 17" stockers. its worth the change!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree, the OZ's make the brakes look really nice... And the my 6 spokes do match the car really well... makes me kinda want to keep them as a summer and then use the oz's whenever I autocross...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts