Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so theres a kid around were i live has a crx with he sayas 210hp but someone else said its really only 168 hp i beleive them more. and he drives this black primer crappy looking car around reving at me when i see him and just acting like its the baddest thing around i got a jrsc on my svt and i dont think he knows it because i dont flaunt it off around town. question is how much will the weight factor weigh in on this if i run him? i know they are very light but i got a decent amount more hp then him. i just want to beat him and make him shut up maybe.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
If he is really making that kind of power, he will probably win as that is a 13 sec. car!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
how much boost is he running??

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Ya, I'd expect he would!!! 168 out of an 1800 lb car w/ driver is a high 13 sec. car and w/210 hp, its a low 13 second car. thing you have to ask though is are they bragging numbers ( is it at the crank?) or actual numbers (at the wheels) There is no way that is NA as those only made like 90 crank hp stock!! its gotta be FI, if its not, then he's pullin ur leg!!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I dunno, but there is no way he is making 168 whp NA on a 1.6 L engine that makes 70 whp stock w/ a SOHC!! Unless he's running at like 14k rpm, so I'm guessing N20 or boost!!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
he probably has an engine swap.. find out what he has under his hood... A B16 can make 168whp N/A with the proper modifications...

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
How much whp/tq do you have?

·
Registered
789 Posts
I dunno, but there is no way he is making 168 whp NA on a 1.6 L engine that makes 70 whp stock w/ a SOHC!! Unless he's running at like 14k rpm, so I'm guessing N20 or boost!!
man, those hondas are like legos and you can get new, complete motors for very cheap. i bet you he has a B16 swap which is torquey and is vtec. plus, just the weight of that car plus the claimed numbers would make it a beast of a car

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, thats possible, i was just saying there in no way the stock crx 1.6 L motor w/ sohc made that much power, a swap na could easily make that power.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i dunno if it is just a stock B16 or only has basic boltons you might be able to at least give him a good run..... IF he has gotten into doing some real work to it then that is a different story altogether... There is only one real way to find out!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
The only way you'll have a real chance is from a stop.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont know what alls done but i know he runs around ragging it out trying to blow it so his dad will put a better motor in it. so its prolly not in the best condition. he runs around with it boxed out alot.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
man, those hondas are like legos and you can get new, complete motors for very cheap. i bet you he has a B16 swap which is torquey and is vtec. plus, just the weight of that car plus the claimed numbers would make it a beast of a car
B16's ain't torquey....B20's are

id love to hear about this race if it happenes....

that guy shouldbe in high 13's or low 14's

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if i run across him ill tell you all about as of now nothing maybe we'll hit the track up one day

·
Registered
789 Posts
B16's ain't torquey....B20's are

id love to hear about this race if it happenes....

that guy shouldbe in high 13's or low 14's
B20 is what i meant. when you haven't messed with hondas in so long you tend to start forgetting stuff.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts