Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove 1600 miles in one day last week from CA to KS and she made it through very well. I had 3 people in the car including myself and misc luggage in the trunk (full) and got an average 35.4 mpg for the entire trip.

She had a little trouble climbing up the 70 in Colorado, but it was cool. The only problem I had on the trip was the trim on the front windshield came off while driving? I had to pull over and punch it back in. Seems like the small clips are no bueno.

·
Registered
163 Posts
1700+ miles and no problems so far. Getting about 35 mpg avg and that's with 70% hwy and the rest city with an occasional airing it out. Everyone that sees it is amazed what Ford has put together. I tell them, "Drive One."

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One guy asked me what kind of a car it was and after telling him it was a Focus, he responded by asking me if there was A/C.. -_-

·
Registered
283 Posts
I drove 1600 miles in one day last week from CA to KS and she made it through very well. I had 3 people in the car including myself and misc luggage in the trunk (full) and got an average 35.4 mpg for the entire trip.

She had a little trouble climbing up the 70 in Colorado, but it was cool. The only problem I had on the trip was the trim on the front windshield came off while driving? I had to pull over and punch it back in. Seems like the small clips are no bueno.
What small trim exactly do you speak of? The trim underneath the wipers? Just curious.

·
Registered
201 Posts
One guy asked me what kind of a car it was and after telling him it was a Focus, he responded by asking me if there was A/C.. -_-
Sad thing is, I can't blame him. The previous Focus wasn't a bad car, but many people's sole experience was with fleet Foci. The new car is just so different (and positioned even as more of a premium compact), that it deserved a new name IMHO.

I would get strange looks and comments when people heard I was waiting 10 weeks for a Focus.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Maybe new name should be; Focused.

Def: To direct toward a particular point or purpose: focused all their attention on finding a solution to the problem.

Focused on setting a new standard for small fuel efficient cars.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So you and 3 others drove for 20+ hours straight? I've never been that desperate to get anywhere that fast. I did just do 3500 miles to Las Vegas and back but it took 8 days.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Speaking of A/C, when I test drove an Sel the other day with three other people in the car, I noticed with the A/C on the car still pulls pretty nicely. And theres no where near as much lag as there is with my 03. They did a great job. Turn the A/C on in the older foci and even with just a driver it feels like you got a freaking turbocharger on the car, but without the power, and your driving through sludge. In the 2012 it really wasnt bad at all.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The trim that runs up the left and right side of the windshield along the A pillar.
What small trim exactly do you speak of? The trim underneath the wipers? Just curious.
When I left that conversation I wasn't sure if he was genuinely interested or he was bashing the car.
Sad thing is, I can't blame him. The previous Focus wasn't a bad car, but many people's sole experience was with fleet Foci. The new car is just so different (and positioned even as more of a premium compact), that it deserved a new name IMHO.

I would get strange looks and comments when people heard I was waiting 10 weeks for a Focus.
Not straight. Stopped at vegas buffets :D
So you and 3 others drove for 20+ hours straight? I've never been that desperate to get anywhere that fast. I did just do 3500 miles to Las Vegas and back but it took 8 days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts