Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? I'm new here!

I need to change the tire/wheel setup on my SVTF to accommodate (unfortunately) the Michigan winter that is coming soon.

Does anyone know if the base Focus 16" wheels will fit our SVTF? I know that the bolt pattern will match, but will they fit around our brakes?

I'm trying to come up with cheapest solution for the winter driving. I had a ZX3 and it's all-season tires were fine in the winter, so I'm thinking it may be cheaper to get some of those wheels/tires than getting new aftermarket wheels and snow tires. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
798 Posts
A 16" will probably fit around the brake but I wouldn't go any smaller than that. Just go to a junk yard an try them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the 6 (fat) spoke zx3 wheels with studs on, to accomidate alaska weather on my SVTF they are 16's look in the SVT supplament it has the correct 16" tire size for our SVT's

Good luck, I paid $725 for mine stock zx3 rims and tires (cooper weather master's)

·
Registered
15 Posts
16 inch

Yes 16 inch wheels will fit got a set on mine and paid 200 for the rims off ebay and a 100 dallar bill to have them shipped they were brand new [:)~]

·
Registered
412 Posts
Check the SVT supplement to your owners manual. The last few pages show specs and such. In that section you will see that Ford has shown in print the recommended 16 in wheels for winter driving. I checked with Ford parts, and these wheels are about $100 each. Add that to the cost of 16 in tires. So I am shopping for 17 in winter tires.

·
Registered
132 Posts
bfocused said:
Check the SVT supplement to your owners manual. The last few pages show specs and such. In that section you will see that Ford has shown in print the recommended 16 in wheels for winter driving. I checked with Ford parts, and these wheels are about $100 each. Add that to the cost of 16 in tires. So I am shopping for 17 in winter tires.

Good luck... I looked all summer and found one 17 inch wheel for the SVTF! They wanted $995 mounted and balanced! Now that is with my stock rims! Seams to me you can get rims and wheels in 16's for much less... I paid $725 for my set. The rims were "new pull offs."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts