Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 focus with a stock head unit a "MP3" unit to be exact, I want to know if the MP3 unit has the 16-pin Rear Seat Entertainment (RCE) data port. So I can hook up my ipod...

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html

This is the part

I've called PIE but what the guy was saying, was that the head units were all the same.(not sure if this is BS or not)

I have also looked through the how to, but i couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP

EDIT: I decided to pull the unit out and have a look, there is a 16 pin female plug end in the back of the unit, but is this what i'm looking for?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow 90 bucks for that thing? I looked into this last week for my head unit which is a Pioneer 6700. They use IP BUS or something... cant exactly remember. But pioneer sells something that is around 90 bucks that connects to the port on the back. But I found a cable at my local Best Buy for like 30 bucks that plugged into that port and the other end was just two rca cables. Then had to purchase an rca to 3.5mm cable which was like 7. So saved a little bit of money. I dont know if there is such a cable for the factory units though.

It looks like it would do what you want. Be able to plug any rca cable into the head unit. Just make sure you have the othe cable that turns the headphones into those two rca ports. Be sure to read the stuff next to the pic it says will only work if you have AUX not CD/AUX.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUMP i really need a yes or no

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awsome, all i needed to hear, did you do the instal yourself? How did you ground and add power to it? Is it fairly straight forward?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just tapped into the power port (cig lighter). The AuxBox doesn't use enough power, imo, for a dedicated line.

Yes, straight forward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts