Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 15" Blizzak snow tires with a few more seasons left in them. So I'm wondering if they're compatible with the SVT brake kit.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Pretty sure 15"s wont fit over SVT brakes.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
I don't believe that is possible, but i could be wrong. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Most retailers state that the SVT brake kit requires 16 wheels for clearance...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
There was a post recently about this, there is at least one known 15" wheel that, by all accounts, will actually fit. Let me see if I can dig it up...

EDIT: Found it, it was posted with a fairly strong degree of certainty that Team Dynamics Pro Race 1's in 15x7 will fit. Given their low weight (~13lbs) I could believe the rim is thin enough to pass the caliper. I googled it real quick to find a pic, $130/ea seems pretty close to what you'll pay for them.

http://www.outmotoring.com/team_dynamics_pro_race_1.html

Those for a Cooper bolt circle and offset, which I dont actually know off the top of my head. Good luck, not sure I'd want to be the person to drop over $500 to test the theory, but if you do certainly post back to confirm they do indeed fit.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I contacted ROTA to see if I could do some fitment testing....

..the more options, the better. Im thinking the SlipStream is the best option with its flat face...

·
Registered
189 Posts
I fit my old stock steelies over the SVT brakes. I did have to do some sanding to get everything to fit. If I had to do it over again, I'd just get some nice 16" or 17" stock rims.
-bix

1 - 8 of 8 Posts