Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a set of these wheels cheaper than the ~$500+ a pop (quote that I got from a dealership) that it would cost me to get them from a Ford Motorsports Dealer? I have envied these wheels and am just in love with them.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7005

Or do you think I should just buy the 15spoke SVT wheels, paint them black myself, and switch out the center caps with ford racing caps. I wouldn't want to keep the SVT caps since I'm rocking an '08 and people would give me this [facepalm] look..

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Give Steve over at Tousley Ford a call and see what they are charging.
1-800-328-9552

They usually are able to give us a decent deal on Ford Racing stuff.

I bought overlays from TFB designs that just have the Ford logo in black to cover my SVT center caps, I felt the same about the SVT on my 5 spokes. As you should be able to find some 15 spoke EAPs for less and then just paint them black. Just do some comparing to see if painting EAPs is worth your time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that was a huge price gouge! I just talked to him on the phone and for me to get a brand new set of the 15 Spoke Ford Focus Rally Wheel (M-1007-S177B) and Continental ExtremeContact DW I'm looking at about $1000, with them being mounted. Which is about a $2000.00 price drop from what a local dealership quoted me at (Thoroughbred Ford here in KCMO). I knew that parts guy was a bit insane when I heard that sludge run out of his mouth. I still might be in the market for a used set, but not sure because $125-$135 for brand new wheels that nice is looking pretty nice to me right about now! haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh by the way! I forgot to ask this as well! The '08 stock wheels are 15x6, you think I would have a problem putting on wheels that are 17x7?

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Oh by the way! I forgot to ask this as well! The '08 stock wheels are 15x6, you think I would have a problem putting on wheels that are 17x7?
I will echo jmiller, you wont have any issues. I went from stock 15"s to stock 17" with no issues (just stay 215.45.17) My car is slightly lowered and i have no issues.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright sweet thanks guys! I was worried about the possibly of being able to lower it just a bit after I got new shoes on my car and was going to wait until after I got them (guessing it'd be smart to do) haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it's a small difference from the svt to the rally but I'm thinking I was to go with the rally and not paint them black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts