Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to go down to 15 inch rims for autocrossing. However, we tried to put stock 15" focus rims on my SVT and the front brake calipers we're slightly to big for the rim to fit. It wasn't the 15" diameter but the caliber hitting the spoke on the offset. I'm thinking it's because it's a 6" wide rim versus a 7" wide rim. Before I go buy some 15 x 7 inch rims does anybody know if they will fit over the calipers on my SVT?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
As you found out about the bigger rotors/calipers that the svt has, 16''s is the smallest unless you swap out the rotors/calipers for a '05+ set....IDK why you'd want to run 15''s for, but 15'' wheels & svt front brakes don't work as you found.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
15" rims on my '02 SVT

Thanks. I'd use the 15" for autocross. I run a '02 where I have rear coils swapped that lowers the rear bumper 3.5". My Dunlop StarTech 215*45 R17 tires have a slight rub on long faster corners. Dropping down to 225*45 R15 tires does a couple things for me. They give me more clearance so they don't rub the rear inner fender, they give me about 7% difference in circumference leading to better acceleration, I get a lower center of gravity, and a wee bit more rubber. In case you're wondering 215 to 225 it's because of tire availability. For 15" tire I can't find a 215*45 only 225*45.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are some 15s that will clear and by clear I mean you can maybe stick a credit card in between the wheel and the calipers. Buddy had a set of 15s on a STF car years ago. I think he has the wheels still but who knows if he wants to sell them. Two were OZ and I can not remember what the other two where. Both pairs were 15x7.5 i think. Might have been 15x7.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'd like to go down to 15 inch rims for autocrossing. However, we tried to put stock 15" focus rims on my SVT and the front brake calipers we're slightly to big for the rim to fit. It wasn't the 15" diameter but the caliber hitting the spoke on the offset. I'm thinking it's because it's a 6" wide rim versus a 7" wide rim. Before I go buy some 15 x 7 inch rims does anybody know if they will fit over the calipers on my SVT?
Hi Aaron,
Check into the Rota Grid Concave wheel, available from 18Racing.com
The Grid Concave was recommended by their tech advisor, Jenny, who is very knowledgeable. We bought 8 of them in 15x9 for our road race car. They are available in 15x7 and 15x8 also.
Don't get discouraged if you don't see them listed in the 4x108 bolt pattern on their website. Talk to Jenny and see if she can get them for you. They fit fine over the stock SVT brake caliper and rotors.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
What class? What width? Offset limitations?

I've had 3 sets of 15s that will clear.
team dynamics pro race 1.0 15x7 45et
Diamond racing wheels, 15x10, 0et
949 racing 6UL, 15x10, required bolt pattern adapter spacers.

The other wheels that I've heard are Oz Superleggera, and rota slipstream, team dynamics pro race 1.2

Search and u will find more info.

·
Registered
336 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts