Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that there ar very few 15" rims that fit over svt brake calipers, but i do remember seeing an thread on here that had some suggestions, can't find it. so wondering of anyone had suggestions

assuming i can't get anything, whats a cheap option for a 16" wheel.

i want these wheels to run in a rallycross, you can't buy 16" rally tires, so i am contemplating 16" snow / winter tires.

thanks

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
i know that there ar very few 15" rims that fit over svt brake calipers, but i do remember seeing an thread on here that had some suggestions, can't find it. so wondering of anyone had suggestions

assuming i can't get anything, whats a cheap option for a 16" wheel.

i want these wheels to run in a rallycross, you can't buy 16" rally tires, so i am contemplating 16" snow / winter tires.

thanks
There are some 16" rally tires but they are very expensive. Michelin makes them. Most rallyists do use 15's primarily for the extra sidewall height. For rallycross purpose a good open tread snow tire is pretty much all you need. Check out Cooper Wintermasters (the one that can be studded...no you don't want studs. Also sold under the Cooper tire brands Dean and Mastercraft). Vulcan Tire used to carry all of them online. It has 2 ply sidewalls and a longer lasting tread compound.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
did some research. 15 inch rota slipstreams will fit.
When I had my SVT the consensus was that there are three wheels that will clear the SVT's brakes. They are the OZ Ultraleggera, Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.0, and Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2. I never once heard any discussion of the Rota fitting, and until I see a picture of a Slipstream installed on an SVT I'll have to doubt that it fits.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
for rally TD is the way to go, they even offer rally wheels with extra strengthening built in.

btw these are the PR 1 15x7" 45mm offset

1 - 9 of 9 Posts