Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 Focus that just hit 40k miles on the odometer. My clutch started slipping again yesterday (my 3rd set of clutches) and today my rpms have been Surging from about 1900 to almost 2500rpm cruising at 55mph. The first couple times, I thought it was me, so I turned on cruise control and it did it another dozen times in my 15 Mile drive to work. Could this issue be related to the clutch pack issues?
Thank you!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I’m having the exact same issue. When I put it in S or select shift it stops but stays at the higher rpm in 5th. I go to 6th it then bounces for a few then evens out. My guess is maybe it’s just too cold or a TCM issue. TBH IDK

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice the issues when I'm running unleaded gas in my car, when I switch to E85 the issue goes away. Also, my last clutch replacement/TCM update, I lost 5mpg average on fuel economy with 87

I’m having the exact same issue. When I put it in S or select shift it stops but stays at the higher rpm in 5th. I go to 6th it then bounces for a few then evens out. My guess is maybe it’s just too cold or a TCM issue. TBH IDK

·
Registered
354 Posts
The dealer said that I need to bring my car in to have the "flare" measured to see if the clutches are slipping. If that fixes it I'll likely get a tune from Tom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts