R/T .... .209
60'... 2.394
330... 6.630
1/8... 10.179
MPH... 69.44
1000... 13.255
1/4... 15.875
MPH... 85.44

It was my best run of the day and 2nd to the last run I made. I'm so happy w/ my times for what mods I have and how extremly hot it was today somewhere in the mid 90's so on a cooler day hahaha I know a few tenths can come off. My first run was was pretty good too 16.3 and my best reaction time of the day was .132 I was hopeing to run mid 15's but it was hot. I had to stick my head out the window after running down the track it was like a sonna in my car. Well tell me what you guys think about that time. Here is my mods Oh yeah my car weighed in at 2800 lb.s (there was a scale there cool huh!)

cone filter, 4-2-1 race header wrapped in header wrap, Magnaflow exhaust, FRPP plug wires, CF DF clutch, ported TB, SVT suspension kit, ES motor mount insert

·
Registered
745 Posts
nice but u should be able to do mid 15s...practice thats all...i have to do the same :)

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok maybe I did'nt stress how hot the weather was it was hoT with a capital T not to mention the humidity too. I also need readjust the cam timeing too. Practice I got alot of practice in I ran over 25 times!. I was consistent too. 16.1's and 16.2's we started at 5:00 p.m. and did'nt stop till 7-7:30 ish there were'nt too many people so it was pretty much lap after lap of non stop car abuseing fun! my best time was made around 7 so it was starting to cool off though it was still hot.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
yea this weather sucks...noone is hitting good times with this suckass weather....and mid 15s is pushing it..camming im only hittin 15.2s, and the best ive ever seen with mods ike yours is a 15.6 so your doing a-o.k.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Back in winter (Jan here in FL) I hit a 15.9 before my shorty shift, flex and new tires. I went back when the weather was warmer and hit 16.3s all night. FL sucks for racing between March and Sept.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CWBoarder691 said:
I see your in houston did you go to Baytown Raceway Park?

Sure did it was my first time out there. I had a blast I want to go again but I'm going to wait to adjust my cams and also maybe some tires since I pretty much ate all the tread off the ones on the car lol. [burnout]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
that'a funny....15.8........that is what I ran at the track with my SVT [:(]

I can't for the life of me get my car to go any faster......

HAS to be the LA humidity........

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The weather was horribly hoT and lets not forget the Humidity in houston is just has bad has LA I got lots of practice since I was able to run has much has I wanted and let me tell you I exercised that right too lol.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
i bet it was a 15.8 at like 92 w/ the svt wasnt it? seems to be a popular time and trap

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you tried using coil blocks in your rear springs? They're only $5.72 at my local autoparts store and they all but stopped my wheel spin on launch. I went from a best of 9.23 - 8th to 8.72 with them and switching from 50 shot to 75. Before blocks my street tires wouldn't hook with the 50 and blocks in place hooked with the 75 pills. I know what you mean about hot, I'm in Mobile and they are known to kick you at of the track for running your AC in the staging lanes even. I do AC work and keep a duct thermometer in the vent, last weekend it was 113 inside the car on the return road when I turned on the AC.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i finally had my best times at 15.3 @89mph. my mods are 4-2-1 header, cai, pulley, fr cams set at +3i +3e, cam gears, sct chip, short shifter, catback exhaust, live wires, 16x7 slipstreams w/parada spec 2 and tb. i think with a good driver it should be in the high 14s

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sr focus said:
i finally had my best times at 15.3 @89mph. my mods are 4-2-1 header, cai, pulley, fr cams set at +3i +3e, cam gears, sct chip, short shifter, catback exhaust, live wires, 16x7 slipstreams w/parada spec 2 and tb. i think with a good driver it should be in the high 14s

Try some slicks that will difinattly get you into the 14's.

I also forgot to tell yall about my airfilter falling off well I think it was off for almost all of my runs except the my best one which I made sure it was on cause I finnally took a little break and popped the hood there it was half blocking my MAF next time I go I'm going to bring my CAI too and switch between the two. I already feel a evil laugh comeing on mwahahahahahahahahahaha!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts