Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was almost 2 years ago that they announced they were extending the transmission warranty for cars built between 8/1/10 and 6/15/13 to 7 yrs/100K. Later built cars were supposed to be 'fixed', so were not included.

My car was built 2/14/14, so missed the cutoff. However, I started experiencing problems within the first 6 months at 10-12K miles. The first time the clutch assembly was replaced was 9/15 at 34K, and it was just replaced again yesterday at 50K. I estimate that out of that 50K miles, less than 20K were problem free.

Obviously the problems were not fixed with the 2014 builds. So has anyone heard if there have been any updates to include these cars, or that there will be? I am approaching the end of the current 60K warranty, and I have no hopes that the new clutch assembly is going to keep the problems away. Is there some place you can call to plead your case for warranty extension?

The description of what they found when they pulled it apart does not sound good, and who knows what other damage is caused by driving around with a bum transmission all the time?

They found: bad scraping noise, sound from inside bell housing and car jerks badly pulling out. Removed transmission, found clutch coming apart, debris inside transmission. Replaced clutch assembly and re-assembled, adaptive learning, road test...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'd be interested as well i think mine missed by just a couple months

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Buy my tune that seems to be the only thing so far that has fixed/helped the shudder , the shudder is whats causing the few clutches that I have seen coming apart

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts