Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have 71500 on my '12 Focus---TCM & clutch pack at 54k miles with series 'F". Slight shutter now. Otherwise ok. I when I get next service-oil change want to make sure it has best & greatest download of software. It is under warranty for the clutch pack to 100k or 7 years. It won't be in my driveway after that for sure!! Ford needs a better idea,,,

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had mine done last week at 73540 miles. They mailed me the paper work as it was closing when they released my car.

I got the part ending in *B. I noticed a huge improvement on the way it accelerates. Hopefully this will last. I am the 2nd owner and am still 3yrs away from paying it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My focus was starting to bunny hop while accelerating from a stop and shuddering if it wasn't hopping had issues at 20,000km clutch replaced with f1fz-7b546-b at 30,000km(go go backorder) and my issues have vanished for now :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the " B" clutch and "C" seal replaced today. Pressure plate 7003A3. Pilot bearing 2573WLF94. Software updates. Reprogram ,relearn. plus a multi-point inspection N/C..I was treated remark ably well by the dealership.. Odaniels Ford in New Haven Indiana..2012 ford focus titanium. 50,300 miles

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had the " B" clutch and "C" seal replaced today. Pressure plate 7003A3. Pilot bearing 2573WLF94. Software updates. Reprogram ,relearn. plus a multi-point inspection N/C..I was treated remark ably well by the dealership.. Odaniels Ford in New Haven Indiana..2012 ford focus titanium. 50,300 miles
You confused me. Do you mean you had the B clutch and it failed or you had the clutch replaced with the B part? Sorry long day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 29000 on my '14. Sometimes I can go 3 or 4 days and it's smooth as silk. Then it will take a notion to chatter. It's always worse with in town driving, and the weight of an extra passenger seems to almost always be a factor. Original clutch, I figure the longer I can wait, the better chance I'll have of getting it fixed right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The new clutch and seal worked for me. No more "hops" and the shifts are now very clean and smooth. Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wife's 2015 just got the newest clutches and seal as well as updated programming. It is like a different car, hoping it lasts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had mine done last week at 73540 miles. They mailed me the paper work as it was closing when they released my car.

I got the part ending in *B. I noticed a huge improvement on the way it accelerates. Hopefully this will last. I am the 2nd owner and am still 3yrs away from paying it off.

Hello all, I'm one of the more recent victims of the Focus DCT, having just purchased a 2012 SEL 2 weeks ago. I made a rookie mistake of not researching the vehicle, and assuming it was as well received and reviewed as the earlier models. I also trusted the salesman--a relative.

Anywho--the test drive was fine and I was blown away by all the doohickeys in the car. My most recent vehicle was a 2001 minivan....

Two days later, while driving my wife for the first time (in the car), it shudders from a stop and she immediately asks if it always does that. Well, it keeps doing that so I start researching the issue and wind up here.

As I had powertrain warranty from the dealer for 3 months, 3,000 miles, I made an appointment for service, carrying a print out of the above service documentation for support.

I expected a fight, but the service was performed exactly as above (with a motor mount thrown in as well) with no hesitation whatsoever. The RPM test showed my vehicle over the limit by more than a factor of two--it scored about 560...not exactly sure what the test entails to be honest.

The car is wonderful now--a real night and day difference. It's only been a week, so too early to tell for sure, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I will report back later to update.

Great site and very informative.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
FWIW - that RPM is a measure of change in crank rotation speed, taken from the crank sensor.

Each faster/slower period resulting from the 'shudder' is compared.

It's not actually turning that many times, this is a rate of rotation extrapolated to an RPM number.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Guess I missed this thread before asking my question earlier. So it seems they may have finally figured out the problem and the late model 16's and the 17's don't seem to have the transmission issues, or am I mistaken on this?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Guess I missed this thread before asking my question earlier. So it seems they may have finally figured out the problem and the late model 16's and the 17's don't seem to have the transmission issues, or am I mistaken on this?
A small number from what I've seen report recurring issues but I still think it's too early to tell

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
They may have finally fixed it

In general, very few postings from owners reporting DCT transmission/clutch problems on 2016 and newer cars built after November 2015. These vehicles came with the "B" clutch from the factory.

Also, I have seen only a few problems reported by owners that had their older Foci retrofitted with the "B" clutch other than how it drives after the initial installation. My wife's 2014 with the "B" clutch has about 6K miles on the new clutch and it drives better than new, but did feel like a CVT equipped car initially.

My 2014 Focus with the "F" clutch was shuddering after about 15K miles and the latest programming last December fixed it to be almost as good as my wife's "B" clutch. We'll see how it does this summer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My 2014 Focus that I got November 2014 had some shuddering early but then I found this place and learned more about my car, specifically how to drive a DCT car. Smooth sailing since. 20k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
I now have the "B" clutch---this is my forth others were original than "F" it initially was blahh--but now shifts great! Time will tell...I truly hope this is the REAL FIX!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My 2014 Focus that I got November 2014 had some shuddering early but then I found this place and learned more about my car, specifically how to drive a DCT car. Smooth sailing since. 20k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
So what differences are there to driving a DCT compared to a traditional automatic? Never driven one, so want to be able to provide the wife with the info since the Focus will be hers (if that is what we buy)

61 - 80 of 113 Posts