Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 2223 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Too little, too late.

Any chance that I can get re-imbursed by Ford for having to dump their piece of junk car at a huge loss? LOL

The thing is that the transmission was only one infuriating aspect of that car. Even if the transmission gave no trouble, there would still be suspension noises, creaking sheetmetal in the door hinge area, peeling chrome (razor sharp!) on the steering wheel, and before I got rid of it, squealing bearings in the heater blower motor.

It cost me a lot to trade in that car, but it was worth every penny. I hated it and it was making me miserable.

The Subaru that replaced it now has 14,000 miles on it and not a single issue.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/22/subaru-class-action-lawsuit-excess-oil-use/

I would start saving if I were you.

·
Registered
520 Posts
TooOld, just stop posting and crapping up the forums, nobody wants to hear what you have to say.
Believe it or not, I think folks like TooOld HELPED in making Ford issue the extended warranty. I don't think TooOld should leave (or be banned) the forum. If you like your car, you'll continue to like it. If you hate your car, you'll continue to hate it no matter what anyone says here.

Welcome to the Internets...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
A self professed internet troll. Now THAT is funny.
Now you're learning! Very good grasshopper. I'm giving you a forum reputation boost. By the way, how do the forum reputation points work? Do we get $100 off a new Focus for every point we've accumulated?

(Technically just a Focus Fanatics troll. I think. Am I counted as a troll when writing web services for my employer? I hope not.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Unless I have misread the previous posts, the new input shaft seal just came out:

According to SUPERLOOP, who works in a Ford parts department, the new clutch and seal now come in a kit.

How could there be any data on seal failure for a "D" revision seal if it was just released?
Actually the seals have their own kit with all the hardware that you use to order individually. The clutch is still in it's own separate kit. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Whoa. So you've had times when it's been in the "sucks" state and times when it's been in the "great" state?
Yes.

Not hard to comprehend. It was great on car I test drove. Not so great on the car I purchased. Great for a long period of time after the flashing of the firmware.. It goes on and on..

In comparison my last three new cars never had trips to the dealer for any thing othere than maintenance schedules.. Its not like I want this thing to not work as it should as I had experience d it working properly.. I honestly don't enjoy loosing my car for a day or two at a time....

·
Registered
12 Posts
So according to my "build date", I am not getting the extended coverage? I have been having issues with this transmission since I purchased this car.

Im so sick of the dealership telling me there is nothing wrong with the trans!!!!

Primary Features
Build Date: 19.07.2013
Vehicle Line: Focus (C346N)
Body Style: 5 Door Saloon
Version: Series 66
Engine: 2.0L Duratec DI TI-VCT (160PS)
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission DPS6
Drive: LHD FWD
Emission: With 49 State/Non Green State Req
Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Paint: White Platinum

·
Registered
4 Posts
is the "Rev F" clutch pack out yet?

i just picked up my 12 Focus from the dealer yesterday after a re-flash. clutch replaced in february, was good for about 5.5-6 months, problems started again.

there was no mention of the TSB however.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So according to my "Build Date" should I have all the updated "Brown" seals and all the
updates to the firmware ? Because after only 945 miles since purchasing 3 weeks ago I've noticed a shutter and/or shudder already in stop and go traffic.

Primary Features
Build Date: 17.04.2014
Vehicle Line: Focus (C346N)
Body Style: 4 Door Saloon
Version: Series 66
Engine: 2.0L Duratec DI TI-VCT (160PS)
Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission DPS6
Drive: LHD FWD
Emission: With 49 State/Non Green State Req
Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Paint: Ruby Red TC

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
is the "Rev F" clutch pack out yet?

i just picked up my 12 Focus from the dealer yesterday after a re-flash. clutch replaced in february, was good for about 5.5-6 months, problems started again.

there was no mention of the TSB however.
Hi there!

I can look into this further. Please send me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
484 Posts
After reading all these posts I finally feel good that Ford extended warranty & hopefully have a real fix per video--- if so it will go a long way to hold values (in my opinion)----DC when operating properly is VG!! MJB

·
Registered
222 Posts
thanks Ford! :)
Unbelievable.

I for one am not thanking Ford. I can't wait to call the Regional Customer Service manager from Ford who told me my horrid slipping and grinding transmission was "normal" and "operating as it was designed", even when my dealership acknowledged there was something very wrong. The guy basically accused me of being a liar.

For almost three years I've been taking this car to the dealership every couple of months to try and fix this transmission. For three years it's sounded like someone put a bag of marbles in a food processor whenever it shifts into 3rd gear and slips whenever I pull away from a stop. I don't want to sound petty, it's first world problems, but I paid $22,000 for a brand new vehicle and it's driven like garbage since the week I took it home in Nov. '11. I want more than a warranty extension.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Unbelievable.

I for one am not thanking Ford. I can't wait to call the Regional Customer Service manager from Ford who told me my horrid slipping and grinding transmission was "normal" and "operating as it was designed", even when my dealership acknowledged there was something very wrong. The guy basically accused me of being a liar.

For almost three years I've been taking this car to the dealership every couple of months to try and fix this transmission. For three years it's sounded like someone put a bag of marbles in a food processor whenever it shifts into 3rd gear and slips whenever I pull away from a stop. I don't want to sound petty, it's first world problems, but I paid $22,000 for a brand new vehicle and it's driven like garbage since the week I took it home in Nov. '11. I want more than a warranty extension.
Hi there,

Do you have your case number handy? Please send it to me (or your VIN if you can't find it) and I'll look into this.

Meagan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unbelievable.

I agree it's time for more, Ford should do a "Recall", if they wont do it on their own then the Gov't should make them. There's way too many owner's out there that have spent a lot of hard earned money on these cars and Ford has had three yrs. to fix this. It seems to me that this is the only! fix. Give us a tranny like the one that was in my 2010 Focus SES I never had a problem with it in 38K miles and it got 34 mpg. So "PLEASE" Ford really step up to the plate.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I agree it's time for more, Ford should do a "Recall", if they wont do it on their own then the Gov't should make them. There's way too many owner's out there that have spent a lot of hard earned money on these cars and Ford has had three yrs. to fix this. It seems to me that this is the only! fix. Give us a tranny like the one that was in my 2010 Focus SES I never had a problem with it in 38K miles and it got 34 mpg. So "PLEASE" Ford really step up to the plate.
Im surprised more people aren't upset like smizak.
1. the letter now arriving in focus owners mailboxes shows that this was not a small limited problem like many (including me) thought.
2. the 4 pages everything is normal you are driving it wrong "memo" was completely wrong. Many people have had new parts installed and the symptoms they were told were normal went away. How could they go away if they were normal ?
3. I've had two mustangs that were awesome but on this one DCT issue, I have never seen an auto company drop the ball so hard. Every dealer can give you a different answer.
4. the best people at Ford are the customer reps here and at Facebook who have tirelessly tried to help all these people who were sloughed off by the dealers.
5. often posters here tell of long waits for backordered parts and/or for sec appointments, another indicator that this is not a small, limited problem.

81 - 100 of 2223 Posts