Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2222 Posts

·
__________/\__
2,129 Posts
14M01 - TRANSMISSION CLUTCH SHUDDER / TRANSMISSION INPUT SHAFT SEAL WARRANTY EXTENSION

This applies to 2012-2014 Ford Focus equipped with the DPS6 transmission built at the Michigan plant between August 1, 2010 and June 15, 2013

* Ford is extending the warranty (fully transferable) on the DPS6 transmission input shaft seal, clutch assembly, and firmware updates to 7 years/100,000 miles. This takes effect after expiration of your 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

* If you already have more than 100,000 miles on your car, they are still extending your warranty until January 31, 2015.

* There is a whole new clutch coming out: Revision "F" The clutch is still made by Luk.

* There is a new input shaft seal, part number identifier changes from C to D.

* As of July 21, there is an all new software flash.

* Here is the really good news (according to Brian) If you paid out of pocket for repairs on your DPS6 transmission input shaft seal or clutch assembly because your car was already out of warranty, Ford is going to reimburse you.

* There is a new technical service bulletin released for the DPS6 transmission: TSB 14-0131

* Ford will be sending owners a letter with details.

Enter your VIN number here for info: (Click the Vehicle tab)
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=EDFC671CBE183F2F861A2AC232915209.fcvas503

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well my timing just sucks then... I dropped my car off saturday, and they said i can pick it up thursday. I wonder if i'll be getting the newest parts. Fingers crossed, but i'm probably going to end up with the D revision. As long as it works and drives properly i'll be content.

·
Registered
81 Posts
How about the wet clutch MPS6 transmission?

Well it finally happened Ford stepped up and extended the warranty of the Dual Clutch Trans also at the same time they came out with a new TSB with new parts! I explain what is going on......

Thank you.

Ford is stepping toward the right direction.

In other countries Ford also offers a wet-clutch version of PowerShift, MPS6. Is there any warranty extension on MPS6?

MPS6 has fewer complaints (most likely because there are fewer cars sold with MPS6) but it is not perfect either (I have recently seen a few cases of PS6 oil leaks and total transmission failures in Taiwan - but there is not enough data, as far as I can tell, to determine if MPS6 is proportionally as problematic as DPS6).

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Synopsis of what Ford has announced.

* Ford is extending the warranty on the DPS6 transmission to 7 years/100,000 miles.
Where did you get the information that the warranty is extended on the entire transmission?

According to the video, the warranty is only extended on the shaft seals, clutch assembly, and firmware updates.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Any idea if it includes Canadian cars?

I had the seals changed with 6 cans of break cleaner on a contaminated clutch done a few weeks ago. And now have a new clutch noise and lag is back... This makes me want to wait a bit to ensure I get the rev F parts and not the C or D parts.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Well a Fiesta wasn't in the cards for my fiancee's future upgrade but now it totally is! Thanks for the heads up on this!

·
__________/\__
2,129 Posts
Ford Program 14M01.
Kabigon is correct. I updated the post to be more specific as to what transmission parts are covered.

"14M01 - TRANSMISSION CLUTCH SHUDDER / TRANSMISSION INPUT SHAFT SEAL WARRANTY EXTENSION"

This applies to 2012-2014 Ford Focus equipped with the DPS6 transmission built at the Michigan plant between August 1, 2010 and June 15, 2013

* Ford is extending the warranty (fully transferable) on the DPS6 transmission input shaft seal, clutch assembly, and firmware updates to 7 years/100,000 miles. This takes effect after expiration of your 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty.

* If you already have more than 100,000 miles on your car, they are still extending your warranty until January 31, 2015.

* There is a whole new clutch coming out: Revision "F" The clutch is still made by Luk.

* There is a new input shaft seal, part number identifier changes from C to D.

* As of July 21, there is an all new software flash.

* Here is the really good news (according to Brian) If you paid out of pocket for repairs on your DPS6 transmission input shaft seal or clutch assembly because your car was already out of warranty, Ford is going to reimburse you.

* There is a new technical service bulletin released for the DPS6 transmission: TSB 14-0131

* Ford will be sending owners a letter with details.

Enter your VIN number here for info: (Click the Vehicle tab)
http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=EDFC671CBE183F2F861A2AC232915209.fcvas503

·
Registered
443 Posts
Interesting. I was thinking about making an appointment to have my dealer check out my transmission for sporadic shuddering but mostly grinding on the 1-2 and 2-3 upshift when going up hills. Anyone have an idea when the newest parts will be released? I guess I might as well wait for that.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Good for you guys! [twothumbs]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ford Program 14M01.
Can you post a link? I'd love to read an official announcement.

Just FYI for those curious enough:
-----------------------------------------------------
Here in Taiwan, some owners received a text message today from the local Ford subsidiary notifying them that:

Focus MK3, Fiesta MK7 (and one other model not available in the US) cars equipped with DPS6 and built on or before August 2013 will have the warranty (on input shaft seals and clutch packs only) extended from 3year/unlimited mileage to 5 year/unlimited mileage.

Therefore:
1. Only input shaft seals and clutch packs get the warranty extension
2. cars build after August 2013 do not get the warranty extension
3 cars equipped with MPS6(wet clutch PowerShift) do not get the extension either

Most significant points: (a) extension is not on the entire transmission, (b) only an extra 2 years of extension (to 5 years vs 7 yearss here in NA) and (c) only cars build after Aug 2013 get the extension
-----------------------

It will be very interesting to see the announcement from Ford in China. Ford Focus is the number one selling car in China for the past 2 years and there were a lot of complaints about the DCT transmission.

Note added: Ford China seems to have a policy similar to that announced in Taiwan. Official announcement will be releases on 7/29.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I just want someone to get the reprogram and get us some feedback! I doubt I'll get a new clutch since I'm already at rev D. I can purchase the F revision myself in several tens (hundreds?) of thousands of miles.

EDIT: I should mention that I have about 29k miles on this clutch and I think it's starting to act up a little again, especially now that it's warm out. Just the usual low RPM, high load type vibrations - but nothing like before. I'm really just hoping the new software fixes it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Me thinks I shall not drop off my car this week. I will wait until my business trip in August and leave it there for the week. If the new parts are out.

·
Registered
292 Posts
FYI called my dealer. They are fully aware as of yesterday of this info.

So for Canadian focus owners we are now on a 160,000km warranty.. I'm scheduling my car in for second week of August in hopes I get the latest parts..

Any experts out there know if they ship back A B C D ect parts when a new tsb specifies a new F rev? Just don't want to chance getting old stock

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
FYI called my dealer. They are fully aware as of yesterday of this info.

So for Canadian focus owners we are now on a 160,000km warranty.. I'm scheduling my car in for second week of August in hopes I get the latest parts..

Any experts out there know if they ship back A B C D ect parts when a new tsb specifies a new F rev? Just don't want to chance getting old stock
If you look in the other post, someone say dealers has been told to install Rev-D until supply run out and then start with Rev-F. If I were you, I'd specifially ask for the Rev-F...

Good to know they extend also in Canada, I was afraid for a bit. I have a 2013 with 17 000 KM ... with 5 more years of warranty I think I should be good... still have no problem yet with the DCT.

1 - 20 of 2222 Posts