Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guy think ill hit 14's with my current setup.

diablo flash tune

UDP

STS

FR 9 mm wires

steeda short ram intake

magnaflow exhasut

iridium spark plugs and screamin demon coil pack (if that makes a difference)

no back seats and no spare tire/jack

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i think your car could, but i would be surprised if you actually did it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
where are you planning to run?

I think you will probably be low 15's, but if you are exceptionally good at launching the car, high 14's are possible

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey scott_svt i looked at your pics and see your runin NOS. I was planning on running a 50 shot with the NX kit. I just want to know what things you bought beside the kit itself?

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
hey svtfocus_john i suggest throwing out the $100 and go ahead and get the vf-engineering rear motor mount. you'll love the difference.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i was planning on doing a few more little mods. I want the ORP, throttle body, and that mount sounds like a good idea!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
MSD digital rpm window switch (part number msd8969)-- summittracing.com
Fuel line adapter for SVT--- CFM
Pressure controlled bottle heater---ebay
compucar purge kit--- ebay

I also have a Crane ignition system that allows me to retard the timing 'on demand'. I have it wired into the nitrous relay, so the timing gets retarded only when the nitrous activates. This allows me to run an aftermarket tune with advanced timing, but pull it back out when I hit the laughing gas.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
oh by the way, the Random Technology Hi-Flo cat is in my opinion a far better exhaust mod than an ORP.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
you'll get a lil better gain with the orp because it's less restrictive. however the hfc sounds really good and the orp might sound like poop with your catback

·
Registered
133 Posts
gump1114 said:
hey svtfocus_john i suggest throwing out the $100 and go ahead and get the vf-engineering rear motor mount. you'll love the difference.
Not to steal the thread. But what difference does the new Motor Mount make??

·
Registered
607 Posts
topherdopher said:
Not to steal the thread. But what difference does the new Motor Mount make??
firms up the shifts just right and puts more power to the ground instead of having the motor move all around wasting energy..

love every moment of mine

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
PapoSwing said:
^^^ What's the lowest priced RT cat right now?
not sure right now. i bought it at mcnews when they were having that one time sale on them for $275! [:D]

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you can drive, you'll hit 14s no problem. I was consistant 15.2 stock. 14.6s with bolt ons, suspention, tires and a tune. Hit 12's after the Vortech @ 16psi, running low mid 13.s at 12psi and street tires now.

You have got to nail your launch. And power shift at 7100rpms for 1st-2nd, 7000rpms for 2nd-3rd, and 7100rpms for 3rd to 4th. Practice practice.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Moe-van1 said:
firms up the shifts just right and puts more power to the ground instead of having the motor move all around wasting energy..

love every moment of mine
If you put alot of stiffer motor mounts, they will make your car vibrate a bit though...

·
Registered
582 Posts
opus, that piece of crap won't fit on a svt. sure, you could weld on the rest of the pipe and have a hiflo that doesn't fit right, but what good will that do you? get the rt cat. guaranteed fit and power.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts