So now I can finally say that my SVT is a 14 second car, if just barely.[cool]

Mods are as follows,

AEM CAI
CFM 65mm TB
Taylor Wires
One step colder plugs
RT Hi-Flo cat
Eibach Sportline springs and Pro-Dampers

Tires were General Exclaim UHPs @ 30 psi. ( I was really surprised at how well they did.)

55 degrees Fahrenheit and 41% humidity.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
great time, i think you could of done better but you had a terrible R/T, you could of ran a low 14 with a decent r/t. but good times anyways, practice on that and you'll have better times

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Get a tune from tom and you should see 14.7!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasn't trying to get a good RT. RT has nothing to do with the 1/4 mile time anyway. The clock doesn't start til your tires move.

No tune either. I have Tom's tune but it's not installed. I'm faster without it. Only helps me with drivability and feul economy. Straight line i'm way faster without it.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
^^ How?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beats me. But i know when my car is running good and when it isnt. I had that problem since the first time i loaded it. I even wrote Tom and he sent me a more aggresive tune. It was better but the stock ecu still learns the mods better.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That is a good time, it seems the car responded well to the cooler temps. I live in Norman and wanted to run my car also but with the financial crisis I have been a bit straped for cash. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The conditions were perfect. Have you run your car before? The JRSC is supposed to put you around mid 14s right?

·
Registered
526 Posts
The conditions were perfect. Have you run your car before? The JRSC is supposed to put you around mid 14s right?
The only time I have ever been on a track was at FocusFest08 and I did not do so well. It was a 1000 ft. track, was hot and very humid, that and I sucked at launching the car. With the JRSC/BBK and a good driver the car should go low to mid 14s.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I'm "HOPING" that w/ my JRSC and BBK that I will break into the 13's. I don't know if it will be possible, but we will see after i go to the track in the spring!! but a JRSC w/ BBK on a zetec should put you at least in the mid 14's to low 14's!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really think that with full exhaust, dyno tuning, and maybe some a little more work on the engine, I could get mid 14s easy. Slicks would probably also put me real close now.

I really felt like my launch could still be better as my car sits now.

·
Registered
755 Posts
what was the other car on the time slip.
The other cars time is confusing. Your 60 is better, and your MPH was faster at the end, but he was 3mph faster at the 1/8th.
I know this is irrelevant, but im curious.
Congrats on the run, a 14 sec bolt-on focus is pretty good.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was a 2006 civic si. Intake, full exhaust, V-tec controller. I really expected more with the mods he had.
I really thought the times and especially his mph at the 1/8 was strange. He wasn't very consistent though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts