Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Street Life Tour in Xenia. I couldnt get any traction the whole night, a couple people I talked to said the same, so I dont know if it was me, or the track.
I dont have a scanner so Ill post the stats I remember
60' = 2.45
1/8th = 9.3
1/4 = 14.001
MPH = 105.3

This was on 17" wheels with bald Blue Streak tires. Boost was at 12psi. I was going for 13's but broke a motot mount. Luckily Jay Racing was nice enough to haul me to Quik Rev where they fixed my mount.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I still think a little air pressure adjustment may have helped. But then again you may have just broke your car sooner!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id say it would have. I wouldve done it, but the Vac line problem kept acting up. The last run (before I broke) I realized it wasnt working at all. The vac line blew off early, before the 1/8th. So I only made 9-10 psi. This happened on every run. If the lines would have staid on for the 14.0 run I wouldv been in the 13's. I didnt think of this until I found all the Vac leaks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dang i was about to call in sick and go to the street life tour too. I should have gone

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Dang i was about to call in sick and go to the street life tour too. I should have gone
You should have done that we needed a few more Foci! I am not sure when they will start up again but we will keep everyone posted and have to have a big turnout in the spring!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Great mph but your 1/8 Sucks I say work out all the bugs till you go out racing again with that mph you should be in the low 13's on a slick

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Gee ..... what a slow turd [poke]

Get a new mount and come over and we'll install it.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Gee ..... what a slow turd [poke]

Get a new mount and come over and we'll install it.
Funny, we never seen times on your car....oh thats right it can't even make it to a track!

I still want to see pics of the bracket and how it broke!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You really think the 1/8th is that bad? Im not real sure what it should run, I do know I spin into third gear.
John, a new mount wont help im afraid. I need to find someone to make me one, with a 3/4" bolt instead of the flimsy one on it now.
Ill post pics tommorow, all you can see is the weld though.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I need to find someone to make me one, with a 3/4" bolt instead of the flimsy one on it now.
Ill post pics tommorow, all you can see is the weld though.
Was that not a grade 8 bolt to begin with???

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I think he's talking about the center bolt.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you use a set of slicks or drag radials you can get your 60ft down to 2.0 or atleast 2.1 and that should bring your 1/8 to a mid 8 I would say Maybe 8.6 or faster and that will bring you in to the mid to low 13's if you keep that mph

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Johns right its the center bolt. I woulda posted a pic, but havent had a chance to yet. IT broke AGAIN! This time while rolling backwards, basicly doing NOTHING! LOL. I took the mount to a machince shop to get it drilled and tapped. Then a 7/8 grade 8 bolt is going where the 10mm used to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts