Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got the insurance policy signed and in order (didnt want to do anything silly while i still only had a cover note)

my girlfriend is at work (she would whine and i dont like driving fast with other people in the car)

so i finally went out to the motorway to see how fast my 2.0l zetec would go. as i said in my first thread here, as far as i know the car is pretty much standard. at 130mph i backed off because the roads here are utter sh!te, i was at 5200rpm and it still had a bit more go in it, though not much ;)

how does this rate against other 2 litre zetecs? is this the sort of performance i should be getting from it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats on the 400 posts ;)

turbo charged ? hell no!

its just the plain 2 litre 3 door focus :-/ .. when i say "a bit more go" i mean i think it would most probably hit 135, but not get as far as 140.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Ya I was gonna say what about the governor kicking in at 108? So they must not have them or atleast his doesnt..

-Shawn

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Lucky dog....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no we dont have governors here :D (next theyll be putting chips in your pcs to monitor what youre doing over there :-/)

200 kmh is where i thought id back off and cruise, but as it got there so easily i let it push on past to 210. the clock ends at 220 :)

as far im concerned the car goes (this is very English) "Like sh!t off a shiny shovel" :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seriously though ..

i moderate a forum, and there trolls are banned.

please dont think id come to your forum and start trolling.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
No...he's probably right....I come from France and even a 1.6 L goes up to 200 KMH (w/ a big noise). No governor in Europe so you are pretty free to drive until the 7000RPM's if you can handle the car that high.

Usually people drive at least at 180 KMPH on the freeway.....

Peace.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
he says MPH not KPH,and then he says KPH????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*sigh*

210 kmh = 130 mph

i wrote the converted figure for the first post because it came out to a round number. then due to the posts doubting the reading i decided to simply quote directly the numbers on the dial, which are in kmh.

i reached 210 kmh indicated.

as i dont have anywhere to time acceleration this was the only way i thought i could get a decent comparison for power. didnt realise that in the states the cars were limited like that :(

·
Registered
877 Posts
They already have a "chip" that moniters speed when your air bags deploy, Who knows what else is there that we dont know about..

-Shawn

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ive gotten the anemic non turbo 1.8 up to 184kph...220 in a focus is not out of reach...I've gotten an A series mercedes up to 190kph. No governor there in europe.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
i've gotten my 2.0L zetec in my zx3 up to 135mph, and it was close to 5500 rpm. it had a bit more go left to it, but i hit traffic, so i had to slow down. these things handle awesomely at higher speeds.

·
Registered
103 Posts
scironzts, you got up to 135 because your motor has modifications. on a stock it stops at 109mph. have a question though. how do i remove my governor?

pnut

1 - 20 of 20 Posts