Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
income tax is here and mods will begin sooner or later for me, im looking at FR head and FR stage 3 cams (or similar) at the moment, howvere a few of my fellow distinguished other forum members have brought the need for a clutch and LSD to my attention, however i cant afford them all, and this will be the only large sum i get to drop in this car for awhile, i really want the power of the head and cams then maybe injectors and MAF to go along w/ them, but i cant over look the nessecity of putting the power to the grand. this would all be no problem except the LSD is not somthing i can do myself, i will have to pay SOMEONE ELSE to do it[:(] , somthing i have yet to do w. my mods, well what do you all think? my plan is 13 secondNA, i want to do close to if not better than the Mcnews car[thumb] but im limited in some ways (why im tryin to sell al that stuff in miscellaneous under Buy sell trade[rolleyes] )

·
Registered
593 Posts
You gotta do what you can...I plan on holding off installation until I have purchased what I want to put in and do it all at once. But thats me. I wish I had money to throw around right now but as far as I see it Auto school will be better for me because I will save on installation when im done.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i think you'll need more goodies than that. what about pistons/rods? if you wanna go all motor you better raise the compression. also that head is a must to have ported and polished to even consider making 13s

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i voted for lsd cams and clutch. the head is going to be your big power maker so it will be nice to be able to use the power u make with it when u get it. u can also then have the head worked, higher compression, and save money for the fr intake mani to go on at the same time. i also wanna know what u think of the lsd when u get it on :) are you going to gear your focus?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Mofo you know we have discussed this many times.

Head and cams now is a bad idea.

Keep buying cheap parts is a worse idea. You need to figure out how much you can spend in the next 6-12 months and plan from there. If your looking way into the future mods wise, maybe you should just enjoy your car as it is. In a year there will be duratec foci running faster than any zetec car, with less mods. Try not to plan to far into the future, you will get bored and give up, at least I would.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with focaltech, consider doing more short term things, there will always be something better in the future so its kind of a waste

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
lsd is a drug! trip in sip baby wo0t! someone wanna inform me of what the other lsd is?
with lsd you can have your car at idle and trip and feel like your flying thats real speed. for barely nothing

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
focaltech said:
Mofo you know we have discussed this many times.

Head and cams now is a bad idea.

Keep buying cheap parts is a worse idea. You need to figure out how much you can spend in the next 6-12 months and plan from there. If your looking way into the future mods wise, maybe you should just enjoy your car as it is. In a year there will be duratec foci running faster than any zetec car, with less mods. Try not to plan to far into the future, you will get bored and give up, at least I would.
well what i meant was wait for good deals like ive been doing, i dont mean cheap parts, just ones that would normally be alot more, and let the ones that i do get decide what ill do, more than likely i wasthinking the LSD clutch and cams, but i may do them all slowly and surely, as for the 2.3, im not buying anymore cars anytimesoon, so im having fun w/ this one, im notoneof thoseppl that gets bored w/ their projectso easy i guess

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
i say save cash until summer, get like 3 grand...then buy your shit, i say do it all at once and throw it on the dyno.

·
Registered
870 Posts
i'm with kickinzx3. Save up your money and buy it all at once. By the time you have ebough there will be better parts out. Then you can get them all tuned right and get the most HP out of them

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not many newer or better parts are coming out really,esp w/ development of the 2.3

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'M A NEW ONE TO THE SITE, LOVE THESE CARS AND THEIR POTENTIAL! I VOTED FOR HEAD AND CAMS, QUICK POWER, AND WILL TRANSFER TO THE GROUND FINE AS LONG AS YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BURNING THE STOCK CLUTCH OUT OR HAVE HIGH MILES ON THE CAR WHICH MEANS IT'S TIME FOR A NEW ONE ANYWAY! I THINK FOCUS MIKE IS ON SOMETHING![screwy] [screwy] [screwy]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well as some of you know im working on gettng the complete tranny at the moment, already has 406s and a Quaife, well see....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts