Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this a hair over two weeks ago. I already have the FRPP (Tune/Plugs/Intake) in route and soon to be installed. Car sits at 8.2K miles right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Trying to find a dealer to install the FRPP when it gets here. I want to enjoy the car for a little bit before leaving.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to FF!

Sounds like you're enjoying the ST.

Leavin' for a service commitment?
Thanks, very much so, and yes.

Congratulations. Enjoy it.

How much did you pay for a used ST with 8k on it if you don't mind me asking?
I got it for $23,990 w/ 6811 miles on it.

I already have the FRPP (Tune/Plugs/Intake) in route and soon to be installed.
Spoke to a Ford dealer again today to schedule the install ahead of time. Apparently I paid for a "Pre-release" on the tune. As the tune isn't scheduled to be released until the 27th. When it arrives, they'll get me setup in roughly two hours! The service manager knows I'm on a time crunch.

·
Registered
73 Posts
welcome to ff!

Nice ride and welcome. That intake and tune should really pep it up a lot since it is a turbo car. Niiicce

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is a beaut! Welcome!
Thanks! Being a daily driver, I'm going to try and keep it that way, the best I can. My last car had 141K miles, and was pretty ship shape when I traded it in.

Nice ride and welcome. That intake and tune should really pep it up a lot since it is a turbo car. Niiicce
Yes it will; however, being that it's a T03 turbo it will be about as maxed out as that little guy can go. From there, I'll wait till 50K then go T04/Intercooler/3" Turbo Back/Tune. For now, I'll enjoy as much of the factory warranty as possible!

After all, my boosted S10 is my play toy. This is just a fun (understatement) daily driver!

2 Mods in route;
1) Oil Catch Can
2) FRPP Kit

Probably the only mods it'll get. I have to get approval for mods on this vehicle, unlike the truck I just get to be willy nilly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice ride and they do look great in black. let us know what you think of the Ford racing tune when you get it installed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice ride and they do look great in black. let us know what you think of the Ford racing tune when you get it installed.
Thanks! an will do! I emailed Ford Racing Products to make sure it is in route! As this is my last week at work, next week I start a few side orders w/ the military and next week will be my last week before the car gets cleaned/waxed and put into storage under a cover.

Hopefully everything goes as planned (chances are that will fall through) before I go off to to RCu. This way I get to enjoy it some. Temps just hit 81 degrees - I went for a quick joy ride on break - front windows half down moon roof open, slicing threw some gears. I'm gonna miss my toys when I'm gone. : (

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well, I'm nearing the end of my deployment. It has been cut short, unless we are going to be rerouted which doesn't look like will happen.

Parts ordered, and delivered;
~M-9603A-FST
~Mountune FMIC
~Mountune Short Shift Bracket
~BRMP 3" intake tube (wifey doesn't know what to buy me, so I tell her a list and she just get's it, short list, this is all I asked for)
~Ford Electric RMM (I'm not looking for 1/4 times, or street races, I have another vehicle for this)

I did see someones dyno sheet from 92 oct and M-9603A-FST. That person on a 90* day hit 248whp and 354wtq. The dealer that installed it for him recommended he invest in an intercooler. So I'm going to see what my before, and after is compared to his.

Should be a fun daily driver!

Edit: Girlfriend hunted me down on the forum boards, looks like I have a 3" down pipe in my near future!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts