Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13 focus se flex auto 97k miles

I got a serious issue with my13 focus. When I first start it in the mornings if the engine or oil isn’t hot enough , i can’t give the focus any throttle at all if i do the oil light comes on and as i try to give gas the car cuts off the rpms and stops and tries to turn off. I have to just press my foot on the the pedal very lightly and it does not show this symptom. Only after 30mins- 1hr of driving Can I now give half throttle with no issue. This problem only exits the first time I start the car in the morning, it drives well throughout the rest of the day ....i have a transmission oil leak and engine oil change popping in the screen.....I will upload a video tomorrow in the morning since it won’t do it again today . I hope this makes sense. I also have a missing driver side sway bar link .

·
Registered
788 Posts
How often are you changing your oil? what type of oil are you using? why are you missing a sway bar link?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.
Im unsure of it’s maintenance history, the oil inside is fairly full And not black it’s brown and still a bit see thru....needs a change for sure....... car came like that, bought it off a repo lot ......can low transmission oil b the cause of this ? It’s got a leak And don’t know how long it’s been leaking

·
Registered
788 Posts
The red engine oil light only comes on if there is little to no oil pressure. Could be a sensor issue. I believe Ford extended the warranty on those Transmissions to 100k.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
871 Posts
Get it to a shop ASAP. You’re risking big trouble with the low oil pressure light coming on daily. Not trying to be mean, but from your statements it doesn’t sound like you’re comfortable fixing this yourself.

Keep an eye on your oil/ATF levels, and throw some quarts in your trunk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ,
I’m going to buy the oil pressure sensor it’s cheap less than $20 , how would I add transmission oil to a 13 focus it has a sealed unit .....yeah it sounds like I’m not comfortable but I really am I been working on mustangs from the 80’s 4-eyed fox up to the s197 , never had any issues like This only since I been buying focuses from 2011+

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just bought the oil pressure sensor along with new spark plugs, oil.....has anyone ran redline atf dual clutch transmission fluid....don’t want to buy the motor craft dct $30 quart

1 - 9 of 9 Posts