Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I rode my snowmobile home because my focus got stuck in 4 inches of snow in a parking lot... as soon as the traction control light came on the car cuts power to the wheels.. wtf?? It pissed me off so bad... why would ford do such a thing? All of my other cars would have got out no problem...and yes I have 650$ Falken dedicated snow tires...so will it cut out if it slides going up a hill? Anyone else have this problem? Just had clutch f installed last week...not happy!!! Want to shut tc off!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah you could have just turned off traction control. lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it thanks so much!!! Couldn't figure it out... went back to the same unloved parking lot today, went thru the snow like a champ!!!!

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
It seems the traction control can do more harm than good sometimes. If I ever have issues getting through snow I shut it off and then can carry on.

·
Registered
952 Posts
[clap]

I'm yet to need to turn it off. Though going down my street this week that little yellow light sure was getting a workout.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Poor folks with a "S" didn't even get the option to turn it off.

Whatever Lawyer told 'em to bury it in a menu so it can't be turned off accidentally with just a button press.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used to have an SVT focus and the same thing happened to me. the traction control actually killed forward progress in the snow and caused me to get stuck, it was absolutely terrible. i can't believe what a crappy traction control system they have. Even by turning it off on the SVT it's still always on under 25mph.
Pulling the fuse also kills the ABS though and causes both cluster lights to be on.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yup, you're right Bruce. I wish mine came with the upgraded sound and heated seats though. It was pretty sparsely optioned

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yup, you're right Brian. I wish mine came with the upgraded sound and heated seats though. It was pretty sparsely optioned
Could of ordered it if you bought it new. I went for a no option car, as what I wanted was standard. Bummer ford came out w/ the sap option a yr later. Oh well I did the rear sap bumper & not the whole kit, seeing lots of scrapes on the front sap bumper even on stock height cars.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
that's a good combo, I'm a bigger fan of the rear sap bumper than the front too

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
that's a good combo, I'm a bigger fan of the rear sap bumper than the front too
Jump on my profile to see my album pix,,,,, off to work, enjoy your day,,,

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It's good that it got changed, now adding a button to turn it off would be even better....

It's a PITA on the earlier ones, anything that needs the ABS fuse pulled just to get it unstuck is a bit silly. One Big Rig I drove was that way, normally not the problem it was with the MkIII but still came up enough that I learned that fuse well....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts