Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know a good source for: key on power supply 12V (red wire), common chassis ground (black wire, negative battery terminal?), dash lighting power (white wire), and i think that we have already established that the green wire goes to powertrain control module #48. any other advice on how to splice so i dont electrocute? myself, damage electrical components, or short-circuit and cause a fire? (perhaps materials that i need, if longer wires, then their approximate lengths, etc.) thankyou!

@S2: yes this is the same question in the SPI perfomance chat, i am hoping for a larger audience and hence a greater chance of having my questions answered. thankyou for understanding.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody... anybody?

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
For common chassis ground you need to find a place on the body for a connection, such as a metal screw in the body somewhere...you'll have to hunt around for one. Key on power supply...you'll probably have to tap into the ON wire from the ignition....not sure on that one though. Dash lighting power....you'll need to tap into the dimmer wire. Not sure where a wiring diagram is though...should be one somewhere on this site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts