Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 wagon didn't have a cover for the 12V outlet when I bought it. While rummaging around in a JY I picked up one for the car because I thought that the exposed hole looks pretty crappy. Now, a few months later, I'm seeing why so many MK1.5s in the yards are missing theirs...you take them out to put in a phone charger etc. and there is no good place to put them or a tether that keeps them right there with the outlet.

So my question is if anyone has done anything to address this? Or am I the only one that cares about a hole in their dash? Any success with covers from different cars? I'm thinking about a nylon strap stuck in the cover and attached to the radio bezel. This would let the cover dangle when its not plugging the hole but stay where it is needed; I don't love this idea and would like something a little more "clean" looking though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't recall what car I grabbed it from (maybe a VW?) but found a plug cover that has a teather that fits around the plug.

Yes that was something that annoyed me too when I first got my car.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yea it's annoying. Mine didn't have it when I bought the car, had to order one online. Honestly I don't use it that much so it doesn't bother me

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I have some fishing line I may use as a tether. Figure I can drill a tiny hole in the cover and use a knot to keep the line from coming out, to secure it I think I can just sandwich the line between the radio bezel and dash. Then in the summer when I go to junk yards more often I'll look for other ideas. I don't use my power port that often but I guess I use it often enough to annoy me lol

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I got one of these, it's small, fits flush and clean.
http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-GC23089-PowerJolt-Universal/dp/B0042B9U8Q

You could try to find a port (that looks good) with a tether from another car.
I used to have the same one but broke it moving between cars (it got smashed) I miss it as it filled the hole nicely without jutting out, looked clean. I really want to replace it but now i am eye balling a quick-charge 2.0 charger and no one makes a flush fitting one yet. If you arent aware of quick charge read here. They work great on my M8, much faster charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts