Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
www.coopersrockstateforest.com

LOCATION: Exit 15 off I-68, turn south and follow signs, 13 miles east of Morgantown, WV and 8 miles west of Bruceton Mills, WV.

Find us in the big paved parking lot usually on the right side. The parking lot is a few miles down the road and it's not hard to find since it's at the end of it.

DATE: October 19, 2014 (Sunday)

TIME: Noon-dark.

WHAT IS IT: This is one of our annual Mid-Atlantic events that is usually held in the fall of each year and has been going on since 2003. It's really beautiful up there this time of year since the leaves are changing over to their fall colors. So if you are interested come and hang out! There is usually a ton of food and it's always a great time.

CAMPING/HOTEL/MOTEL: Link for camping: COOPERS ROCK CAMPING LINK

If you plan on camping be sure to pack something to stay warm since it is a bit colder in the mountains.

If you are coming from long distances there are various hotels/motels in the area (Morgantown, WV & Cumberland, MD to name a few) that you can stay at. Just use the website of your choosing to look through them.

DO I NEED TO BRING ANYTHING?: We usually BBQ up there so if you want you can bring food or drink. If you want to bring anything I will add it beside your name on the list.

Usual items are:

-Drinks
-Charcoal
-Cooking utensils
-Chips
-Condiments (Ketchup, mustard, ect.)
-Eating utensils
-Napkins
-Cups
-Burgers, hot dogs, any kind of meat

Those are the usual items. If you want to bring anything else then please do.

Please be aware that there are other people besides us that will be using the park. Don't litter, do stupid things (burnouts, litter, turn your stereo's up loud, ect.) or bring/drink any alcoholic beverages so we will be able to come back here for years to come.

I think that covers it all. If anything is updated it will be so on this first post of the page so keep checking back every so often[thumb]

So, who is interested in coming?

INTERESTED IN COMING

-SD.Norm +1
-Ahuzen
-ariggle
-cdbertrand
-Mile30
-viney266 +family
-Miztaken1312
-FocusOnMe
-kicker226 +1

·
Registered
495 Posts
We will be there Bill knows what we are bringing.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Unless something comes up, I'll be there

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Me and Ariggle will be there with our ladies.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I may have to go this year... call it a M.A.D.E. cruise.

Speaking of which; can you spec that run of yours out on GoPro soon?!

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
We will be there Bill knows what we are bringing.
CHICKEN !!!!

I will bring the makings for fire for chickens and other meat things!, and of course the official FF grill set.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I would like to go!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
^ I was just about to say this

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
By all means, show up. we usually take over a table and a grill and hang for a while, take some pics, eat. Then take a walk down to Hollywood for a pic. Its a nice little hike through the rocks.

When you get there go to the 2nd large parking lot ( the one with no stone dividers ) and look to the right for the PD grill (will explain later). Its a good time and an excuse to eat and look at cars.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I guess as the date gets closer, I'll poke back in here to see if any supplies are still needed

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Same here. Might be lucky enough to bag a deer before then if anybody wants venison lol. If not I can get some pretty good deals on chicken.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
List updated.

^and what he said. [thumb]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh my God i can't win. Every time there is a meet I have something booked. My wife and I are going away that weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Wish I could be there.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Aww man..

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
That sucks, man :(

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Oh my God i can't win. Every time there is a meet I have something booked. My wife and I are going away that weekend to celebrate our anniversary. Wish I could be there.
Yeah... it's like yous guys (or we) are trying to do this intentionally!

I'm still holding out hope I can break away to stop in and bbq wit'chou all. My wedding is days after so I may not be able to pry away from final planning stages.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Shouldn't all wedding planning be done by that point in time?...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts