Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey in spring/summer i plan on adding fi to my svt i wanted to know if high 12sec 1/4mile times are possible with the stock internals?
my 2nd queston for you guys what do you think is better for dragracing turbo or supercharger. (im guessing everyone will say turbo)
my guess is if i can get close to 300hp with lsd and some drag radials that would put me in the 12s or really close to it correct me if im wrong.
i also want the vehicle to be a dialy driver which my make this kinda hard let me know what everyone thinks

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
300 whp, a perfect launch, and a good driver may put you into the very high 12s, but i doubt it. I think you need more along the lines of 350 whp. John made 330 whp, on 23 lbs, but not reliable, correct me if i'm wrong, but 300 is about the limit reliably. you're looking at low 13's.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i think with some slicks you should def be in the 12s.. all depends on your 60'..

im pushing 250whp and with slicks im hoping to be in the 12s.. course my torque curve is amazing though.. but i ran a 14.1 @ 105 with a 2.59 60'.. if i can lower that to a 1.8-1.9 with slicks i should be in the 12s.. some people dont agree because of the power level, but looking at the times it makes sense.. so i dont see why 300whp wouldnt be able to do it. and your in a lighter car (mine is 3000lbs with me in it)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
yeah 300hp on your forged internals should be alright.. talk to tom (1turbofocus) and see what he says.. he has lots of experience with svts and foci in general

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh i was looking at the xios turbo kit, i already emaild him about it hes a bsy man though ill probibly start talking to him when im ready to tear my car appart

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
the xios kit looks good. thats the kit i would get. i dont believe Tom is too fond of it though.. he doesnt really like Garrett turbos..

IMO its a great unit and makes great power. plus now its tuned by Randy at Focussport, and his tunes are pretty awesome.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh i think im gonna get the xios kit unless tom can convince me otherwise haha

·
Registered
441 Posts
i ran a 13.2 @112 with a 2.58 60ft with my procharger at 290whp on street tires wheel hoppin 1st and 2nd gear. if you can't get a 12 with 300whp and slick with a decent launch then there is really something wrong

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Tom's kit with he Comp turbo is a great kit. That turbo spools great and lays down some great numbers. I would tend to think his kit is more proven considering its simply a DIY version of his older kits with some improvements.

·
Registered
592 Posts
With the price of the kit you really cant go wrong. Even if you decide to have him get a turbo for the kit its still a good price and quality

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i ran a 13.2 @112 with a 2.58 60ft with my procharger at 290whp on street tires wheel hoppin 1st and 2nd gear. if you can't get a 12 with 300whp and slick with a decent launch then there is really something wrong

haha exactly wheelhop sucks! im doin everything i can to get rid of it when i get the $$$. but yeah 300whp with good torque and <2.1 60' you should be good for mid to high 12's i think.

i ran a [email protected] with a 2.59 60' makin 250whp spinning/wheelhopping through 1st and 2nd.. im hoping without wheelhop and with around a 1.8 60' i should be in the 12s..

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
I would also go with my DIY kit over the xios , I dont like the xios for many reasons and have changed one kit sent him the pictures and changes and how easy the issues were to correct but no changes ,

My SVT ran a 12.99 @ 111 on 320HP and DOT g-force tires , full weight car nothing missing

Tom

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
^^ so with slicks it would have been even more in the 12s.. definitely doable with 300hp..

but yeah for the money i think Tom's DIY kit is the better buy..

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
My car was very reliable at 330 whp, when I started pushing iy tpwards 400whp thats when I had issues.... but what do you expect on a stock motor??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts