Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am saying goodbye because I sold my Focus after 127,000 miles in 3 years
The replacement is a Golf diesel because I travel so many miles (and in Canada, diesel is readily available at gas stations). I have haunted the forums for VW and have seen the issues, but I am counting on getting a good one, like my Focus.
For anyone wondering how the car ages, my experience was positive. It was a good car and had very few issues. It did not use oil and still accelerated strongly. It drove as well as my daughter's Focus, which has 100,000 fewer miles on it. The paint was damaged by stone chips, of course, but the interior was as good as new.
On my long commute my 5 speed achieved between 36 and 39 mpg, depending on the weather.
I spent almost 4 hours a day in the car and never had backache (my old Civic would have crippled me).
The trade number was just under my remaining loan amount, which was better than I expected.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
That's 127,000 Canadian miles, right? So, like 106,000 US?
No, 1 mile is 1 mile globally, since they didn't say 127000 KM. 127000 KM is just 78914.1 miles, but 127,000 miles is 204,387 KM

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
@Black stick: Thanks for the info. Glad to hear the car ages well as I'll probably have mine for a while. Just about to 45,000 (US) miles on mine and so far so good except for a fog light that likes to blow about every 6 months.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Inappropriate & Off Topic posts removed after prev. warning.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
And for those worried about the dreaded intake valve deposits on DI engines, a reason for optimism. Maybe Ford got it right after all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts