Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Picked up these OEM alloys for $125 each from my local Ford Dealer.. They have some sort of deal for winter wheels going on.

The tires are from my old car, they're still in good shape so I kept them. They are Goodyear Nordics, 205/55/16.

Now I just need the TPMS sensors (dealer wanted $60 each!) and install/balance it and I'm good to go!

Oh, I bought the Weathertech mats too. Cheaper than ordering them from the website!

·
Registered
103 Posts
All Ford of Canada dealers are running a special. Steel rims are a set price; alloys have a huge discount.

TPMS sensors aren't that bad. I thought about getting them from the US, and it's going to be just shy of $52/sensor.

I'm debating on alloys right now, since it's about a $200 difference between the steels and them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Ford of Canada dealers are running a special. Steel rims are a set price; alloys have a huge discount.

TPMS sensors aren't that bad. I thought about getting them from the US, and it's going to be just shy of $52/sensor.

I'm debating on alloys right now, since it's about a $200 difference between the steels and them.
Yeah, usually the OEM alloys are like $300-400 each! So I figured $125/wheel is pretty good, considering new crappy aftermarket wheels would have cost the same.

I found a set of TPMS sensors with the reset tool on ebay, they're asking $150 for the lot. It doesn't mention the 2012 Focus tho (but it has just about every other late-model Ford), so I hope they're the right part..

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Woah, wait, I hadn't heard of this sale. Are all OEM alloys that price, or at least on sale? I may pick up a set of higher-model wheels for summer use if it's the case.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a winter wheel sale they're having. The steelies were like 70-80 bucks or so, and the alloys were $125. I'm not sure if there's only specific styles on sale, but the dealer had a sheet with everything on it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sweet rims, great deal! defiantly worth the coin.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It's a winter wheel sale they're having. The steelies were like 70-80 bucks or so, and the alloys were $125. I'm not sure if there's only specific styles on sale, but the dealer had a sheet with everything on it.
Did your $125 include the centre caps? A few places were including them and some weren't.

And yes, this sale has been going on for about two weeks now, and the sale ends December 14th. Not all rims might be on sale -- the dealers are choosing which ones they are offering, and setting their own prices. In addition, some of the winter tires they are selling could have mail-in rebates. Right now, Michelins have a $70 MIR. Hankooks apparently don't have anything being offered.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Wow that is a good deal! The 2012 Focus uses the same bolt pattern as other European Fords... wish I could upgrade the wheels on my Transit Connect with some Canadian Ford dealer fire sale wheels. [:D] Alas, it is a fleet vehicle and does not belong to me.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Some of those on eBay right now for $139 or so each, with free shipping.
Pity the black painted 17's are there but a set is $750 plus shipping...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nice buy..............glad you got what you liked!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is this deal on any website? or pretty much go to dealer and see what their prices are?
The deal is from Ford of Canada - up to 60% off aluminum rims. LINK

Like I said in another post where someone complained about their $2,500 quote from a GTA dealer: The dealers can set their own prices, so you need to call around and see what each is offering both in terms of style of wheel and the price.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Picked up these OEM alloys for $125 each from my local Ford Dealer.. They have some sort of deal for winter wheels going on.

The tires are from my old car, they're still in good shape so I kept them. They are Goodyear Nordics, 205/55/16.

Now I just need the TPMS sensors (dealer wanted $60 each!) and install/balance it and I'm good to go!

Oh, I bought the Weathertech mats too. Cheaper than ordering them from the website!
I think those are my rims...2012 silver SE Hatch W/sport pkg. and silver rims, exactly like your new rims.

Good deal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just ordered up a set of these rims (pictured below) from our local dealer here near Calgary for $123.50 each (regular $265 each). Also ordered a set of BFGoodrich Slalom KSI's as well. Winter's not here yet, but it will be arriving VERY VERY soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts