Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says i have a little over 124,000 miles on my stock clutch and i can still bark second, is this normal? i drive normal and shift around 2800 rpms very rarely take it up over 5000. just seeing if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon

peace
knox

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm at 166,xxx miles on the stock clutch. Same situation here. I'd love to get 200,000 out of it.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
My dads has almost 290k!!! granted the car is about to die, but its still running strong!!! He also drives 150 miles round trip each day 6 days a week since 1999!!! so I would say it depends on what kind of driving you do!!!

I'll get a pic of the tach when I get a chance, the li'l thing just keeps chuggin!!!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
^^^ so who was the bastard who said u can't run the piss out of american machines for 6 digit mileage??? something better is my best friends dad has a 1990 1/2 ton chevy pick up... orig motor, orig trans, 2nd clutch. the odometer broke at about 390kish... it broke like 4 years ago... drove it everyday for a 55 mile trip each way up until about a month ago when u upgraded to a newer truck...however "old blue" is still running and is now being abused with fire wood duty.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
obviously they never met me or you!!! lol

Ford FTW for life!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well well looks like i have found an elite group here lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got 106k with 6 autocrosses, still acting normal, but can't figure how...

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
I'm creepin up on 140,000 miles on the stock clutch and i drive the hell out of my focus. the only tranny problem on this focus was a bad synchro that the previous owner replaced

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
MTX's are pretty tough!!

·
Black Mesa Racing
2,410 Posts
i'm at 60k and i was thinking i'd have to replace it around 100k. things are looking up.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im afraid i may have to replace mine if i go turbo, and the only problem with mine was a syncro on 3rd but it fixed its self

·
Registered
140 Posts
Had mine changed at 140k but the tech said I could have gotton a little more. O well, it's got 155k now. The back brakes are still stock, changed the front at 100k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts