Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks ago me and a buddy mine take a stroll through a junkyard originally looking for a three-bulb harness for my taillights so I won't have that gaping hole where the turn flasher is. While there, we spot a 03 or 04 Focus with the dark grey headlight housings and a factory grille in perfect condition. I REALLY want those headlights and grille. We go to the front desk and talk to the guy there. I ask him a price and he says $1,200. I says to him "just for headlight housings and a grille?" And he says "Nope, for the whole front-end." Then he goes on to tell me that If I want any exterior body parts from the front of the car, I have to buy the ENITRE front-end. What a bummer. Has this happend to anyone else?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
thats retarded..id call another junk yard.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just go back late at night........with a really chubby friend....one that's juuuuuust a little slower than you. All he has to do is be bait for the dogs [:D]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Ask him if it's for the entire front clip. If so, you're definitely getting a deal. You can resell most of the parts and probably come out ahead on the deal.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FocusTuner27 said:
Just go back late at night........with a really chubby friend....one that's juuuuuust a little slower than you. All he has to do is be bait for the dogs [:D]
Better yet...I can call Jon and ask him to wear this new hot-dog vest I invented...

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blanezx3 said:
Ask him if it's for the entire front clip. If so, you're definitely getting a deal. You can resell most of the parts and probably come out ahead on the deal.
Well the biggest problem of that idea is me not having $1200...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
how much are you willing to pay for just the headlights ? :)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yeah that is one of the stupidist things I have ever heard cause when i know of people going to the junk yard you just get the parts you want and need.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
There's companies that make it hard for people to do business with. They generally end up wondering why they have no business...

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Theres alot of bigger salvage yards that do that because they make more off of a front clip than small pieces. Just a matter of which yard you go to.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Try as diffrent day when someone else is working they might let it slide.

Also if you want the headlights that bad, when I upgrade mine I'll trade for your stock chrome ones plus some $ since they are ugly.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey, i've got my stock headlights with the grey housing I just took off my '03 focus. I'll sell you those and my grill for like $25+ shipping.

The passenger's side headlight is scratched up and has a broken clip, but you could probably get one of those headlight kits from autozone and fix it up. The driver's side light and my stock grill are in great shape. Shipping would be around $25.00.

Let me know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts