Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[dunno]Does anyone know about the 2.0 motor in the '12's? I know it is a direct injection. Is it based on the Dura-tech/MZR motor? And why is the fuel tank only 12.4 gallons? Hope the ST doesn't use that small of a tank. My buddy's '09 Colbalt SS sedan has a 12.5 gallon tank= no range Is this new '12 motor a Ford motor or a Mazda motor? And is the suspension similiar to the early model's?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I believe It's an evolved 2.0 Duratec, with direct injection being the biggest change. I doubt the gas tank in the ST will be enlarged, but it should still be capable of 30mpg+ highway, which would give it decent range. My 3300lb Saab with a 2.0t gets better than 30mpg highway, and it doesn't have direct injection, plus It's using a 5 speed conventional automatic. I would bet that an ST could travel over 400 miles on a tank (highway).

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Can get 400 miles a tank if you do mostly highway driving...it's not a cruiser anyways. Bigger tank means more weight and less mileage...plus it's probably hard to fit a bigger tank on such a small car.

From what I gather, the block is pretty similar to older duratecs, but everything else is pretty different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts